Philadelphia MLS

JayLo1112

It's a really good start. The first thing I would change would be to have "Philadelphia City" at the top where Philadelphia is. Right now, the way it seems to read is as Philadelphia and City F.C., two separate names. The next thing you should do is match the shape of the top of the crest to the outline of the shape "Philadelphia" is in so that the middle of the top has a bump. Next, clean up the stars. I'd also fix the way the crack of the liberty bell goes over the soccer ball. I'd either get rid of the crack or make the soccer ball smaller so that the crack doesn't go over it. Last, I would eliminate the color gray from the logo. It doesn't look too good, because it doesn't really pop out from the other colors. I hope these suggestions help. I think you are on your way to having a solid concept!

In general, I like it. Nice color choices for Philadelphia. Right now, there are a lot of elements and clutter. To simplify things, I would lose the soccer ball. I don't think we need it in there to know what sport is for, and it would reduce a lot of the clutter in the middle of the logo. It would also allow you to put the crack in the Liberty Bell.

Also, you really need a new, more dynamic typeface. I would also stay away from lower case letters on a logo or crest, unless it's very carefully done.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

As a first concept, that is pretty darn good.

I agree with dgnmrwrw. Also I would lose the little bumps on top above Philadelphia City. They seem distracting to me.

Also, just note, instead of saving in .jpg save in .png its a smaller file and better quality.

The new font is an improvement and I think the removal of the bumpy thing is a good move, but one thing that needs to be changed is make the thickness of the line under the rectangle that Phila City is under the same thockness as the line over the top of the bell. Also, rather than keeping that weird blue rectangle, I would just move everything up to get rid of it.

Ottawa is also an option for MLS expansion, I might just keep coming up with more for the other possible expansion sites. Although it's pretty simple and I know the skyline may not be completely accurate, you get the idea. Here is my next concept:

OTTAWAFC-1.png

lrg_6444e0b331f54e979d389637de158186.jpg

Like Zero said, separate Ottawa from the skyline. I'd also make the maple leaf smaller and darken the red of the maple leaf. Plus I'd use a bolder font and make "2012" more noticeable. Last, I think it needs another element, whether it be a soccer ball or something else.

I really like what you have going for the Philly concept, but i'm not feeling the Ottawa one at all.

The name is not working, What about Capital City? Ottawa City....something to that effect? I'm not claiming I have a brilliant name lined up here, just sompthing different.

I think you should try to use the maple leaf as the shield, and maybe incorporate the paralment buildings as the skyline (inside the maple leaf, if you know what i mean.)

Just some thoughts....I think you've started the ball rolling, just keep plugging along!

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Archived