Chicago White Sox Concept

patsox

WhiteSoxConceptFinal2.png

I got rid of the gray outline around the Sox logo, because it's just needless clutter. Same with the Sox sleeve patch. I got rid of the white outline on the away jersey because I don't really think that it is necessary either. I also used piping on the road jersey rather than that awful sleeve striping they use. It's tacky and 70s-esque. Finally, I created a new alternate uniform. No gray, no double outlines, just fresh black and white. This would be worn at home on Friday nights.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update

Added White outline around numbers and script on away jersey, changed sleeve design to design reminiscent of that of the current uniforms, changed sleeve design on alternate jersey to match that.

WhiteSoxConcept2Final.png

I got rid of the gray outline around the Sox logo, because it's just needless clutter. Same with the Sox sleeve patch. I got rid of the white outline on the away jersey because I don't really think that it is necessary either. I also used piping on the road jersey rather than that awful sleeve striping they use. It's tacky and 70s-esque. Finally, I created a new alternate uniform. No gray, no double outlines, just fresh black and white. This would be worn at home on Friday nights.

Sorry patsox, but I'm going to disagree with you on most of this. As a Sox fan who owns both a home pinstriped and a road gray jersey, I think they really need the silver. Without the outlines or any silver at all, these just look incredibly flat. Especially important is the silver outline on the Sox logo, it makes the logo pop instead of being swallowed by the pinstripes.

The problem I have with the piping on the road jersey you did is that it now makes the White Sox have the same (or very similar) piping as about a dozen other teams. It's just generic. I can understand if you just don't like what they currently do (I think it's great. I'm not sure what exactly makes it "tacky" or "70s-esque" since it was introduced in 1990), but to change from what is a unique striping to a generic, copy-cat piping isn't working in my opinion.

Basically, these are a downgrade.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Sorry patsox, but I'm going to disagree with you on most of this. As a Sox fan who owns both a home pinstriped and a road gray jersey, I think they really need the silver. Without the outlines or any silver at all, these just look incredibly flat. Especially important is the silver outline on the Sox logo, it makes the logo pop instead of being swallowed by the pinstripes.

The problem I have with the piping on the road jersey you did is that it now makes the White Sox have the same (or very similar) piping as about a dozen other teams. It's just generic. I can understand if you just don't like what they currently do (I think it's great. I'm not sure what exactly makes it "tacky" or "70s-esque" since it was introduced in 1990), but to change from what is a unique striping to a generic, copy-cat piping isn't working in my opinion.

Basically, these are a downgrade.

I was thinking the same exact thing, couldn't have said it better myself. Although I think their jerseys could use some improvement here and there, I still love the current set, and don't think this improves upon it at all.

I have to agree with the majority here patsox. You didn't add anything but rather took away, and it didn't work in this case. There is not a lot you can do with the White Sox in the first place, so it is a difficult set to pull off. This just isn't doing it though.

I don't understand how these improve upon what they wear already. At the very least, you could've given them white socks.

There is not a lot you can do with the White Sox in the first place

There's a ton of stuff the White Sox themselves have done with the White Sox. Our concepteers can surely come up with things.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I don't understand how these improve upon what they wear already. At the very least, you could've given them white socks.
There is not a lot you can do with the White Sox in the first place

There's a ton of stuff the White Sox themselves have done with the White Sox. Our concepteers can surely come up with things.

I agree with that. What I meant was if he used the same logo set they currently have, it would be difficult to put something different out there.

Take the recent update for example. Sorry Patsox, but at first glance, I can't tell the difference between this set and what they are currently wearing. Perhaps you should do something more radical and outside the box.

Agreed, you've done a few concepts now where you've barely changed anything, in this one the changes make it look worse. I like silver for the Sox, although I wouldn't be opposed to a completely revamped color scheme. Anyhow if you really want to keep doing baseball concepts, start a thread where you do "tweaks". There is no need to start multiple threads for these slight changes. And please, please don't go back to your old ways...

And, to tell you the truth, I don't think anyone cares what time you update your concepts.

Agreed, you've done a few concepts now where you've barely changed anything, in this one the changes make it look worse. I like silver for the Sox, although I wouldn't be opposed to a completely revamped color scheme. Anyhow if you really want to keep doing baseball concepts, start a thread where you do "tweaks". There is no need to start multiple threads for these slight changes. And please, please don't go back to your old ways...

And, to tell you the truth, I don't think anyone cares what time you update your concepts.

I disagree with your assertion that I "barely changed anything". The removal of white from the away jersey, the change to major piping, and the removal of the sleeve patch are major changes in my book. The alt jersey is a significant change also IMO.

Archived