Icethetics shuts its doors till summer

johnnygriswold

What a bummer, Icethetics was a site I visited often for hockey logos and jersey info. Oh well.

Too bad, guess we'll just have to use your site and forums from now on... eh Johnny?

:spam:

A link to the site would have been fine IMO.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

As much as I loved NHLToL and liked Icethetics, I'm just wondering if Chris (not CC97) was too swamped with his life to even worry about the site. Towards the (temporary) stoppage of the site (although one must wonder if the end is near), there were sporadic posts, various subtabs that weren't updated for months, and not accepting the requests for help with the site was surprising. My point being, I will be surprised if Icethetics comes back.

As much as I loved NHLToL and liked Icethetics, I'm just wondering if Chris (not CC97) was too swamped with his life to even worry about the site. Towards the (temporary) stoppage of the site (although one must wonder if the end is near), there were sporadic posts, various subtabs that weren't updated for months, and not accepting the requests for help with the site was surprising. My point being, I will be surprised if Icethetics comes back.

You may be right, especially if he was refusing help. I can see getting snowed under or burnt out, but why turn down a helping hand unless you don't see the site continuing?

What a bummer, Icethetics was a site I visited often for hockey logos and jersey info. Oh well.

Too bad, guess we'll just have to use your site and forums from now on... eh Johnny?

:spam:

A link to the site would have been fine IMO.

I think he knew this, or he wouldn't have tried to hide behind a TinyURL link.

You may be right, especially if he was refusing help. I can see getting snowed under or burnt out, but why turn down a helping hand unless you don't see the site continuing?

This is something I never understood about Chris, we were in talks to improve the site, but everything that I mentioned that would've kept users coming back for other reasons than just a blog post he turned down. I know of the things he plans on doing this summer, and to be honest it just doesn't seem enough after that last few months.

This is something I never understood about Chris, we were in talks to improve the site, but everything that I mentioned that would've kept users coming back for other reasons than just a blog post he turned down. I know of the things he plans on doing this summer, and to be honest it just doesn't seem enough after that last few months.

I'm not going to miss it too much. I contributed to it a few times and never got any credit. When you offer to be helpful and don't get any sort of thanks or acknowledgement for your work, it is a bit of a put off. Would it have been THAT hard to put a name near the photos submitted?

He also has no market if there is nothing new to announce. Without new jerseys, the site is irrelevant. Maybe he could milk the countdown to the next few but otherwise, the site is useless. There is only so many times you can have logo contests and show off mediocre concepts.

Yes your uniform idea sounds good, but it has already been done, and done VERY well. I am not a fan of redundancy, especially when something has been established for a long time and was done in an almost flawless way from the start. If NHLUniforms.com was a crap hole, then I'd be all for competition.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

The information at nhluniforms.com is very useful, but to me, the images could be better. I'd rather see larger clean images then the small pixelated images shown on that site. I would welcome any kind of competition to it assuming they could improve upon what is already available.

Yikes, that would be the day. Johnny your site isn't overly impressive. Most of your posts are links to other peoples work, and the layout is very lackluster.

So what is going to happen to your uniform project?

Good question, as of right now.. nothing. I've had them done for quite some time now, but nowhere to put them.

I'm not going to miss it too much. I contributed to it a few times and never got any credit. When you offer to be helpful and don't get any sort of thanks or acknowledgement for your work, it is a bit of a put off. Would it have been THAT hard to put a name near the photos submitted?

He also has no market if there is nothing new to announce. Without new jerseys, the site is irrelevant. Maybe he could milk the countdown to the next few but otherwise, the site is useless. There is only so many times you can have logo contests and show off mediocre concepts.

Yes your uniform idea sounds good, but it has already been done, and done VERY well. I am not a fan of redundancy, especially when something has been established for a long time and was done in an almost flawless way from the start. If NHLUniforms.com was a crap hole, then I'd be all for competition.

I understand your point, and that uniform idea was merely something to build the site towards more research oriented topics instead of just blah blah 3rd jerseys. And this needed to be done because what you said is exactly true, without 3rd jerseys the site is really nothing unfortunately. Which is why I was constantly pitching idea's to slowly change the direction of the site and keep it relevant.

I understand your point, and that uniform idea was merely something to build the site towards more research oriented topics instead of just blah blah 3rd jerseys. And this needed to be done because what you said is exactly true, without 3rd jerseys the site is really nothing unfortunately. Which is why I was constantly pitching idea's to slowly change the direction of the site and keep it relevant.

I'd be interested in hearing more about what it was you were pitching to him. His loss if he isn't going to try and incorporate your ideas. See if our Chris would be interested in hosting these images you say you have made. Is it possible you could show one example of the direction you were taking with them?

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I'd be interested in hearing more about what it was you were pitching to him. His loss if he isn't going to try and incorporate your ideas. See if our Chris would be interested in hosting these images you say you have made. Is it possible you could show one example of the direction you were taking with them?

Well, here are a few that have already been seen,

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l276/kra...adiens08-09.png

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l276/kra...anucks08-09.png

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l276/kra...Flyers08-09.png

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l276/kra...Sharks08-09.png

..and there's some more with this template over in the XHL thread.

I was just looking mostly to create a vivid production of uniform histories than are available elsewhere. Now don't get me wrong I love NHLUniforms, but the images are small and the layout gives off a '90s feel, great work none the less.

Plus, with a title like Icethetics, don't you think it would be useful to actually have a database for users to look at?

I was just looking mostly to create a vivid production of uniform histories than are available elsewhere. Now don't get me wrong I love NHLUniforms, but the images are small and the layout gives off a '90s feel, great work none the less.

Plus, with a title like Icethetics, don't you think it would be useful to actually have a database for users to look at?

Have you done any back views?

I don't get what the icethetics title is supposed to mean?

I'd guess it's a play on the word aesthetics.

Aesthetics is commonly known as the study of sensory or sensori-emotional values, sometimes called judgments of sentiment and taste.[1] More broadly, scholars in the field define aesthetics as "critical reflection on art, culture and nature (Wikipedia)

Impressive looking stuff! Part of me loves the face on view of the uniforms, although this is a great alternative look.

I do feel that NHLUniforms needs a visual upgrade, but as long as the jerseys continue to look accurate, I can survive. I have also wished for them to have larger images, but I can understand if you make them bigger, people are more likely to steal them and whatnot.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Archived