LOS ANGELES KINGS

Sigma Kappa

Looks absolutely beautiful. In my opinion instead of adding more gold to the jerseys I would take out the gold and replace it with purple. If you did that though I would change the lions eye to silver so that it stands out still. But still just awesome work.

AtlantaThrashers.pngManchesterUnited_10Sig.png

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's a good job, but the first impression that came to mind was a slight alteration of the Colorado Rapids logo.

a slight alteration? c'mon now. that's just insulting. the only similarity is that it's a shield shape with a smaller icon near the bottom.

amaz-az-azing work!

I agree. For those two logos to be similar it would be a completely different shape. Just because they are both kind of elongated shields doesn't mean that they are similar. That is about the only thing they have in common. I have no idea why you would say that's the first thing to come to mind.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

This is some amazing work. With that being said, here are the things I would like to see. First, replace the gold with purple. As others have already said, I don't like how the gold makes it so close to the Ducks. The purple could translate into a beautiful alternate sweater too. Next I think you need to make the logos on the home and away jerseys match, the white just isn't doing it for me. Just use the black logo on the home and you will be set. Next, I think you should look into another font, because the A just doesn't look right. Exchange it for a more athletic type font, the one now looks to sophisticated and businessish. Another thing people have already said, put a black outline around the crest on the alternate. Lastly, just liven up the jerseys a little bit, I don't feel like the modern style of the logos is matching the classic style of the sweaters. Maybe some piping? Not trying to be critical, just putting in my two cents. Well anyways, it's great work, probably one of the best lion logos I have ever seen.

30vja50.png

GIANTS_REDSOX_CELTICS_LIGHTNING_BULLS

It's a good job, but the first impression that came to mind was a slight alteration of the Colorado Rapids logo.

a slight alteration? c'mon now. that's just insulting. the only similarity is that it's a shield shape with a smaller icon near the bottom.

amaz-az-azing work!

I agree. For those two logos to be similar it would be a completely different shape. Just because they are both kind of elongated shields doesn't mean that they are similar. That is about the only thing they have in common. I have no idea why you would say that's the first thing to come to mind.

I'm entitled to my opinion and nitpicking even if it's not in agreement with the consensus and it doesn't have to be in line with those who are salavating over this design.

amaz-az-azing work!

I'm entitled to my opinion and nitpicking even if it's not in agreement with the consensus and it doesn't have to be in line with those who are salavating over this design.

true, but to call it just a slight alteration, just because it is somewhat similar in the shape of the shield is a stretch. You may see some similarities, but that doesn't mean it's a slight alteration.

30vja50.png

GIANTS_REDSOX_CELTICS_LIGHTNING_BULLS

amaz-az-azing work!

true, but to call it just a slight alteration, just because it is somewhat similar in the shape of the shield is a stretch. You may see some similarities, but that doesn't mean it's a slight alteration.

Duly noted.

Just noticed something about the Lion logo:

The lion is looking to the left, but the crown is facing straight ahead. Shouldn't the tall point of the crown be on the very left?

Not necessarily. The side view is probably the same as the front view. The pattern is likely a big point in the middle of each side, and a small point in each corner leaving the crown with 4 big points and for small points. I hope you get what I mean.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

1. I'd like to see 'LA' somewhere on the logo.

2. Being a hockey player, I can tell you that grey/silver jerseys are not good, because you look quick and aren't sure if they're the white or dark jerseys, and that split second distraction can cost you. How about trying purple for the alternate as a homage to the past.

What a cool lion logo, great work! Like some others have mentioned I also wondered what this might look like in purple, so I threw the logo on a recolor of their third:

lalion.jpg

Personally I like the purple as the Kings are the only NHL team with this color and black is so common.

Archived