Nike Pro Combat

Derby

They look like they're wearing skirts.

Well said, my man. I've been saying that they look like the culottes that girls wore in school in the 1960s.

DYK- Back in the day you could order basketball shorts with quilted hip pads sewn in. So this isn't a new concept. Nike is just recycling an idea from 60 years ago. Way to be an innovator you Swooshgeeks. :mad:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What bothers the hell out of me is that the Gonzaga jersey says "Go Zags". Why are they referred to as the Zags when their mascot is the Bulldog?

I know why, but it still bothers me that they're weakening their "Bulldog" brand by being referred to as the "Zags", which sounds stupid anyway.

What bothers the hell out of me is that the Gonzaga jersey says "Go Zags". Why are they referred to as the Zags when their mascot is the Bulldog?

I know why, but it still bothers me that they're weakening their "Bulldog" brand by being referred to as the "Zags", which sounds stupid anyway.

Probably because no other team in the world is called the Zags yet there is a million Bulldogs in the world of sports

At the ACC tournament, they were handing out shirts that said "The Tar Heels are battleproof" and other various Nike ACC schools. They also had badges that say "We are battleproof." I got a badge, but they were out of UNC shirts.

http://www.nike.com/nikeos/p/nikebasketbal...s/nikeprocombat

Apparently something is happening with this in three days.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Probably because no other team in the world is called the Zags yet there is a million Bulldogs in the world of sports

Then they should just be the Gonzaga Zags instead of the Gonzaga Bulldogs, right?

Then they should just be the Gonzaga Zags instead of the Gonzaga Bulldogs, right?

In my opinion I think that would be cooler, but its not like they will change. And what is a Zag anyway?

In my opinion I think that would be cooler, but its not like they will change. And what is a Zag anyway?

I think you are missing the point here. It's just the abbreviation of Gonzaga.

I think you are missing the point here. It's just the abbreviation of Gonzaga.

I know that, but they make Zags into something different then Zag. Zags is more like a team name, if it just said Zag I'd understand what you're saying

Zags is just a nickname. It has nothing to do with the mascot of the school, and I have no problem with it.

When I was in high school, our mascot was the Northmen (more or less a lumberjack), but the student body was given the nickname of Oakies, because the school name is Oak Park. It's basically the same concept.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

Zags is just a nickname. It has nothing to do with the mascot of the school, and I have no problem with it.

When I was in high school, our mascot was the Northmen (more or less a lumberjack), but the student body was given the nickname of Oakies, because the school name is Oak Park. It's basically the same concept.

Same with the Quips, from Aliquippa High School in Aliquippa, PA.

(Actually...to be technical, it's "Fighting Quips"--but...point still holds.)

Hell, college sports teams are full of nicknames that many if not most either don't get or can't understand. Don't see how "Zags" could or would be any different.

Good luck coming up with a logo for that, though. (Hypothetically speaking.)

(I can already see someone drawing out a zigzag and posting it as a "logo"...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Nike's SOD website (I believe it's "systemofdress.com") explains this look, for all those that are curious about it.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Nike's SOD website (I believe it's "systemofdress.com") explains this look, for all those that are curious about it.

I haven't been there since they unveiled the original SOD unis for Florida, Syracuse, etc.

Is it updated any for the new teams?

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

Archived