Nike Pro Combat

Derby

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They refer to the Oregon "O" as iconic? Why is that, because Nike says so? What is it, like 10 years old?

Something can be iconic without having been created in 1950. Look at the Houston Texans steer head logo. That thing was iconic the day it was released.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I saw Memphis' shoes earlier on UniWatch, and I was wondering what the "RTL" on the front of their shoes mean?

Yeah, I didnt get that either, at first I thought it was ATL, I was trying to figure out what Memphis and Atlanta had in common.

I saw Memphis' shoes earlier on UniWatch, and I was wondering what the "RTL" on the front of their shoes mean?

Yeah, I didnt get that either, at first I thought it was ATL, I was trying to figure out what Memphis and Atlanta had in common.

There's an RTL on the back of the jersey too. I was wondering what that meant as well. That said, I don't like the jerseys because the design looks more tribal than like tiger stripes. The shoes, maybe if worn with their regular jerseys, would be pretty nice.

They refer to the Oregon "O" as iconic? Why is that, because Nike says so? What is it, like 10 years old?

Its from '00

It's actually from '99, but the "O" made its first showing in the broadcast of the '98 Aloha Bowl versus Colorado. A sideline report showcased the new helmet.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The more I read through this thread, the more I imagine this conversation taking place in about 25 years:

*Two young men sitting in front of a 145" TV watching highlights of the 2002 NCAA championship game, in which Maryland defeated Indiana*

Boy 1 -- "That Juan Dixon was a hell of a player."

Boy 2 -- "Yep."

Boy 1 -- "Can you believe guys used to play basketball without pads?"

Boy 2 -- "I know. What the hell were they thinking?"

Boy 1 -- "After this is over, let's ride our Segways down to the park to see if there are any pickup games going on. You can borrow my extra pads in case we get on the court."

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

A few more pics to get a better look at unis and shoes...

Michigan State (link has good photos of jersey ans shoes)

http://www.freep.com/article/20090310/SPOR...s+while+dancing

Link has pics of all new jerseys

http://dimemag.com/2009/03/new-nike-ncaa-t...ament-uniforms/

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Does the Oregon uni on Uniwatch have a camo side panel?

Yes and the numbers are too, I'm going to guess the front nameplate is also but its so hard to see unless its in the right light.

Yes and the numbers are too, I'm going to guess the front nameplate is also but its so hard to see unless its in the right light.

The numbers appear to be solid green, as well as the nameplate.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

The numbers appear to be solid green, as well as the nameplate.

Like I said, its hard to see. I sat behind the bench during the Civil War when they broke these out, and I could still see the camo in at least the back numbers

Archived