BJB personal logo

BJBerthiaume

Hey everybody. I have been trying for a long time to come up with a personal logo to identify my concepts. I finally think this one is worth giving a shot. I wanted to have a BJB as the main part of the logo, those are my initials. I also wanted it to be in graffiti styled script because I tend to draw a lot of graffiti during classes, at friends houses, during my free time. I just think it looks cool and I enjoy drawing it, it is one of my hobbies one could say. I also wanted to include the state of MN in there because I am a hard core Minnesotan :P. But I wanted to keep it simple at the same time, so that's all I included. The colors aren't that big a deal right now because I would constantly be switching them to fit the colors of my concept. For now, they are Minnesota Gophers colors. I am also fine with the general sloppines of it right now because the graffiti drawings I do have a sloppy feel to them. It also helps illustrate that I am a proud paint user :P. That is all, here it is:

BJBlogo.png

C&C please, I want to make this perfect.

Thanks everybody!

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

Well, better than the previous one. Keep at it. Get it cleaner and cleaner. If you do graffiti style work, you might not want a graffiti logo, might be too over kill.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Do you have Photoshop or something similar? A couple of guys on my course do graffiti style work. To get it looking really clean they work on a scale much larger than the intended result, scan it, then resize it in Photoshop. A few tweaks with the levels and contrast and it looks like a vector but still has a great hand-drawn quality.

He would be better off drawing it, scanning it and trying to work on it in illustrator to learn how to do graffiti work on there as well. He'd be able to do some amazing things if he got used to using Illustrator.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

This is my first post and I hope this helps you. Pretty cool program..... Font Generator USE YOUR OWN HANDWRITING

If it was me, I would do the Font Generator and then make this a vector image, then you can get it as big as you want!!

P.S, if you need it vectorized I would be more than willing to help you since either one of those programs you use cannot vectorize.

This is my first post and I hope this helps you. Pretty cool program..... Font Generator USE YOUR OWN HANDWRITING

If it was me, I would do the Font Generator and then make this a vector image, then you can get it as big as you want!!

P.S, if you need it vectorized I would be more than willing to help you since either one of those programs you use cannot vectorize.

Thanks for the comment. I have thought about creating my own fonts before, but have never really gotten to it. I am seriously debating whether or not to use this for my logo. I will probably try botg drawing then scanning and creating my own font and see which one I think works better.

Also, welcome PassYouBy!!! I hope you have a good time on this board, it is pretty sweet.

Well BJBerthiaume this might help you a little. I vectorized your logo and then whipped up a quick one you my think of doing. I have had a little free time lately and I got bored! :) Thanks for the welcome to the forum also...GREAT SITE!

bjb1.th.jpg

bjb2.th.jpg

Well BJBerthiaume this might help you a little. I vectorized your logo and then whipped up a quick one you my think of doing. I have had a little free time lately and I got bored! :) Thanks for the welcome to the forum also...GREAT SITE!

bjb1.th.jpg

bjb2.th.jpg

Hey man, thanks a ton! That one that you made is sweet too, you might want to think of posting some concepts. I get the impression that you can do some very cool work.

Haven't done graffiti since highschool (wow a decade ago lol) but this makes me want to again. I might throw my hat into this as well to see if I can help you out as well BJB, just for the sake of helping another dude out.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

You are incorrect with that statement. Inkscape is an open soure vector based program. It's basically a free alternative to illustrator.

You are incorrect with that statement. Inkscape is an open soure vector based program. It's basically a free alternative to illustrator.

Ah Ok...I was not familiar with this program. Gonna have to look into it tho. (Hangs head in shame) :(

Archived