Brewers Barrel Man History

fitz

I've long thought that the BBM would be the perfect primary logo for the team.

I've been in touch with Paul Tenpenny, the man featured in the article, about trying to lobby the Brewers for a few minor uniform changes:

NewBrewersJersey.png

NewBrewersRoadJersey.png

NewBrewersJacket.png

I've never been a fan of the current scheme, but with these modifications I could be quite happy watching them for years....

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been in touch with Paul Tenpenny, the man featured in the article, about trying to lobby the Brewers for a few minor uniform changes:

NewBrewersJersey.png

NewBrewersRoadJersey.png

NewBrewersJacket.png

I've never been a fan of the current scheme, but with these modifications I could be quite happy watching them for years....

This design with a royal-blue / yellow-gold color scheme? Perfect.

NewBrewersJersey.png

NewBrewersRoadJersey.png

NewBrewersJacket.png

Damn...that looks good...

Thank you.

Now tell Mr. Attanasio.

Got an email or a street address for him? Because those jerseys up there are just about my favorite baseball uniforms ever. Well, top five, certainly. Fantastic. Somehow the little beer barrel man just sells the script for me.

20082614447.png

I like your work there, Gothamite, but I still can't pull myself away from the old royal/yellow Brewers stuff that cluttered my grandparents' basement. I know the new stuff has an EXPLICIT CONNECTION TO BEERMAKING and all that, and I love the beer barrel man too, but I really don't like navy and tan for them.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

As far as the color scheme goes, I'd rather something like this New Era adjustable cap:

pMLB2-1724161dt.jpg

I love the slightly lighter blue and richer gold. Seems a nice combination of the two current color schemes:

pMLB2-3537506dt.jpgpMLB2-3537517dt.jpg

Other than the barley stalk, I just don't see the whole explicit connection thing. The script has a superficial æsthetic echo of a beer bottle label, but the curve of the script is far too modern for anything that came out of Milwaukee, so it's more of a faux echo than anything genuine. Not to mention that any wordmark you need to set at a crooked angle to make it fit on the primary logo is just a bad wordmark.

The current Brewers scheme has more Soviet iconography than anything, to my mind, with the baseball framed by stalks.

But if they add the BBM, I'll drop my opposition and love it 'til I die, and I might even start buying Brewers items again, both of which will undoubtedly ease Mr. Attanasio's worries. :D

Archived