Quick question about Goaltender masks

pheer

Just a quick question to the hockey players out there... I always see sweet custom paint jobs on masks, but how much do those QUALITY jobs cost? I have seen goalies from HS, College, lower level.... All with really sweet, quality paint jobs. I mean, are these kids working side jobs for 2 months to get these done, or what? I can't imagine they are cheap.

I once worked for a guy whose son was a goalie, and who had his mask painted professionally. In 1994, it cost around $600, but the kid was a spoiled little :censored:, and his dad had money to do it. So yeah, I'd say it's still pretty expensive.

If you're interested in getting things done, there are always body shop or tattoo guys around who are willing to do it on the side for extra cash, or barring that, any vocational school worth its salt will have some really talented graphic design artists who know their way around an airbrush.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

According to The Hockey News Greatest Masks of All Time they can run you upwards of a 1000 Bucks but the best thing to do is look around on the internet.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

wow... thanks for the info...

I saw one of the goaltenders for the Florida Everblades had probably the worst mask I have seen... Looks like he took it to Daytona and had a T-shirt vendor airbrush it, lol. I'll see if I have a pic somewhere.

Edit:

Here it is...

IMG_8019-1.jpg

They are starting to do it in baseball too. In the first game of the season, Orioles catcher Gregg Zaun had a custom paint job on his catcher's mask. Sadly, there are no photos of it that I cam find.

This is the best pic I can find:

eu3v2o.jpg

Wade-sig.png

They are starting to do it in baseball too. In the first game of the season, Orioles catcher Gregg Zaun had a custom paint job on his catcher's mask. Sadly, there are no photos of it that I cam find.

This is the best pic I can find:

eu3v2o.jpg

I think it looks pretty sweet. I hope more teams start doing it.

I think baseball has rules about the paint jobs though such as it has to be a team themed design. NHL guys can put pretty much whatever they want.

And by team themed I mean strictly team graphics.

I think baseball has rules about the paint jobs though such as it has to be a team themed design. NHL guys can put pretty much whatever they want.

And by team themed I mean strictly team graphics.

I was shocked to see Zahn's mask. I mean I like it, but I thought MLB rule was it had to be very simple in design, using only team logos. I think Zahn is the first regular catcher for the O's to use that style since they came out a few years back.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

In the NHL a goalie (with the exception of Ray Emery) can put pretty much what every they want on their mask. However, goalies can't advertise on their mask. Somehow, Brodeur (MB 30) and Belfour (Carman Racing) were able to get around that .

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Archived