USFL Revival

The Imperfect

Orlando Renegades Concept

With this concept, I took their original striping, and decided to add more red to it, first on the home jersey by adding red outlines around the sleeve and pant stripping themselves. On the away, I just made the jersey white, while getting rid of the silver in the middle of the sleeve stripe because I thought it was too much. For the alternate jersey, I further increased the part of red for the team, making the entire jersey red, while making a seperate white helmet based off their original helmets. For both helmets, I replaced the main logo with just the 'R' in Renegades, trying to escape the perhaps offensive native american feel, instead trying to make the 'R' itself a staple of the team.

orlandorenegadesfinishe.png

signature1b.png

signature2qx.png

NJ Generals: It doesn't make sense in removing the pant stripe yet add an unnecessary helmet stripe. The laurel on the shoulder is OK, but a complete helmet logo or a secondary logo would be better. Not feeling the solid red pants or the yellow alt.

Renegades: I've never cared for going with a text logo when a perfectly good graphic could be used. I'd rather see an alteration of their current logo to be less ethnic if a change is needed. I also question the logo's offensiveness since you have it on the pants. Finally, white numbers on a white jersey is never a good thing.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

I think if you do a project like this, you should be more bold in your modernizations-- to be honest, nothing that you have right now looks as if it would be from today. It still looks like it is an 80s design.

I think if you do a project like this, you should be more bold in your modernizations-- to be honest, nothing that you have right now looks as if it would be from today. It still looks like it is an 80s design.

Agree 100% with this. This only seems worth doing if you're going to really get into it and at least try to modernize/tweak the logos and really do some new things with the jerseys.

The concepts you've posted aren't bad per se, but they also aren't interesting or new.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

NJ Generals: It doesn't make sense in removing the pant stripe yet add an unnecessary helmet stripe. The laurel on the shoulder is OK, but a complete helmet logo or a secondary logo would be better. Not feeling the solid red pants or the yellow alt.

I've always felt this way when I look at a uniform but is their a consensus in designing a uniform that helmet stripes should match pant stripes or at least be close. I can see no helmet stripe with pants but visa versa seems odd. Then again, I may be way off target. I guess Penn St. has a helmet stipe and no pant stripe.

I've always felt this way when I look at a uniform but is their a consensus in designing a uniform that helmet stripes should match pant stripes or at least be close. I can see no helmet stripe with pants but visa versa seems odd. Then again, I may be way off target. I guess Penn St. has a helmet stipe and no pant stripe.

There are those that want both the helmet and pant striping to match up. IMO the goal is to make the overall aesthetics pleasing. This just seems to flip-flop a stripe between the pants and helmet with no apparent reason. This set would look better using striping on the pants and drop it from the helmet.

On another note, as others have said, you should take more chances with your concepts.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

• 3 months later...

Archived