Boston Pilgrims' baseball concept

GeorgesL

I have recently completed two versions of my "Boston Pilgrims" baseball team concept. I did one with a cross on the sail of the Mayflower, and the other with the baseball stitching. I chose the name "Pilgrims" for the Boston team, to connect with the history of New England, and of course the Red Sox used to be "unofficially" called the Pilgrims more than a century ago. Which of these do you like the best?

pilgrimslogo.png

pilgrimslogo2.png

As always, C+C is appreciated.

I like this. Very White Sox-esque, but I think it looks fantastic. Maybe you could try an out of the box alternate with a buckle on the cap. :P

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

I'd like to see a secondary using either a turkey, Plymouth rock, or one of those pilgrim hats.

This could be used as a batting practice logo as well as a secondary:

pilgrimsbpcaplogo.png

I am currently working on wordmarks, but am drawing them by hand, so this may take some time.

If I may make a suggestion for the secondary logo, I would like to present the current logo for the Massachusetts Turnpike. It is a simple logo of the Puritan Pilgrim Hat. I think that would make a great logo maybe on the uniforms sleeve or batting cap. A simple alteration and I think it might work. maybe a circle border with the words "Boston Pilgrims Baseball Club Est. 1903" or something thereof.

Picture of Mass Pike Logo

Also, I know you're going for the retro look, but I would still go for a secondary color on the uniforms for a little trim. I think the uniforms look a little flat so even something like a touch of silver or gray might make it look a little more three dimensional. Otherwise I do like the direction.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

If I may make a suggestion for the secondary logo, I would like to present the current logo for the Massachusetts Turnpike. It is a simple logo of the Puritan Pilgrim Hat. I think that would make a great logo maybe on the uniforms sleeve or batting cap. A simple alteration and I think it might work. maybe a circle border with the words "Boston Pilgrims Baseball Club Est. 1903" or something thereof.

Picture of Mass Pike Logo

Also, I know you're going for the retro look, but I would still go for a secondary color on the uniforms for a little trim. I think the uniforms look a little flat so even something like a touch of silver or gray might make it look a little more three dimensional. Otherwise I do like the direction.

You mean something like this?

pilgrimsalt2logo.png

BTW The secondary colour will be either the champagne gold or the burnt orange, which I like to call "Plymouth orange". But now having done this logo, I kinda like it better than the "pilgrim man" logo.

I love the original logo. The one with the stitching is the better of the two. As far as the uniforms go, they sort of remind me of the Birmingham Barons minor league team. Overall this is a great concept with lots of possibilities and directions you can go in. I look foreward to seeing the final concept.

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

OK people, the moment you've all been waiting for: The wordmarks and uniforms!!! (primary home and road only for now.)

Here are the wordmarks:

Home:

pilgrimshomescript.png

Road:

pilgrimsroadscript.png

***I do plan to use "Boston" as the road script, but I'm using this for the time being.***

Home uniforms:

pilgrimshomeunis.png

And finally road uniforms:

pilgrimsroadunis.png

This is seriously one of my favorite concepts ever, as is. But if there is one thing I would change, it would be to switch the cap logo to a B that is reflective of the "Pilgrims" script. Once again, fantastic job on this. It's great as is, but if you take my suggestion I believe it would go from great to perfect.

Archived