Random logo discovery

BigDmo

I was on logos101.net and their featured logo was this:

Andira_Esporte_Clube_de_Rio_Branco-AC-logo-A817FEAD98-seeklogo.com.gif

I was like, dude, that looks like the SEC logo, sure enough:

sec_logo1.gif

Exactly the same other than the A. Which one came first?

The first one is the logo for Andira Esporte Clube de Rio Branco-AC

It's essentially really not the same. Sure it's two E and C's confined within the right half of a circle. Other than that, the letters have different weights, meaning the E and C in each respective logo look entirely different. Fitting letters within a circle = not copyright infringement. Or copycatting, for that matter.

It's essentially really not the same. Sure it's two E and C's confined within the right half of a circle. Other than that, the letters have different weights, meaning the E and C in each respective logo look entirely different. Fitting letters within a circle = not copyright infringement. Or copycatting, for that matter.

Exactly. In the early 20th century, this was a very common way of doing three-initial monograms. Heck, several Depression-era government agencies used very similar mechanical-letters-in-a-circle monograms.

They also have a section on O'Bama logos that didn't make the cut. Those logos had no 'Hope'.

(Sorry I couldn't help myself)

Did our president recently become Irish?

He actually does have some Irish in him, from his mother's side. Can I get Mac or someone else to help me with this?

just saw a logo on t.v., "IMS" (Indianapolis Motor Speedway), on a building at The Indy 500 that looked a lot like the "AEC" & "SEC" logos... can't find proof of it online though

logo on this building:

raceday-cvr-05242009.jpg

And that is an old IMS logo that they have just recently brought back.

They also have a section on O'Bama logos that didn't make the cut. Those logos had no 'Hope'.

(Sorry I couldn't help myself)

Did our president recently become Irish?

He actually does have some Irish in him, from his mother's side. Can I get Mac or someone else to help me with this?

Do I count? :D

Archived