Houston, we have a(nother) concept...

tBBP

As Monty Burns would say, that concept is "exxccellent". It almost looks like the copper is orange, but it fits well. I really liked the mid-90s star logo and color scheme, and that is probably the 2nd best look the Astros have had (next to the orange/blue, but I digress). The orangy-copper, to me, is a tip of the hat to the orange of the 60s-80s, while the most simple color scheme, black and white, is something that may need to be used more in sports. Great job.

Cool...looks like this is gettin' there now, don't it???

I went back and tried two or three renderings with the front numbers, and oddly enough, it seemed like a bit of overkill, so I think Imma leave the front numbers off this one.

To echo mcrosby, I, too, was aware once I re-rendered this that similarities between this set and the SF Giants set were a bit inevitable. (I don't think the 'Stros play in the NL West though, do they--NL Central???) But, given what I was going for, it was a calculated risk. It's also what prompted the green-tinged silver. And, to the guy that caught the slight tip-of-hand to the orange of yesteryear, nice way to state what I didn't outright...lets me know that idea worked a lil' bit!

I'll wait and see if anyone else has anything to add to this before I attempt any further updates...this is fast becoming one of my favorite concept sets that I've completed in all my time here.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Brandon, I think you're close on this, very close...

However, I think the copper needs to be redder, almost a rust color(still much more orange than their current brick), and for the black, how about muting it a little bit? The kind of shade where some people will see a VERY midnight blue, others will see a very deep purple, and others will see black.

Bucco, you're right about the 'stros being in the NL central, as opposed to the west like the Giants. It may just be my monitor, but I don't see very much of the green tint you speak of. I love the idea of the green or blue tint to differ your concept from the Giants, and also love the copper+blue/green. I'd love to see a bit more of a tint, something we haven't really seen before, something 'modern'.

Archived