New Orleans Jazz

logodawg

Granted it's not the most original name, but I've been wanting to do this one for a long time. Well thanks to a relatively slow Memorial Day Weekend I finally did it.

NOLA_Jazz-1.jpg

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

Great work. The music note/J is especially cool - I would buy a shirt with that logo on it.

One quick question about the primary logo.... did you try the laces in either of your blues, instead of red?

Like unwind, I'm looking forward to the uniforms. Might a suggest a home jersey like the Tigers or White Sox, using just the "J" on the chest.

That looks great. Great color choices, great logos. Really looking forward to the uniforms. The only thing that bothers me is that when I first look at the Jazz script, I see So33 instead of Jazz. The a doesn't seem to be curled right, the z's look like 3's, and the J knida looks like an S. Don't worry too much about the script though. Great concept, really looking forward to unis.

EDIT: Oops, I forgot to mention how much I love that New Orleans script. It looks great.

Wow, I didn't realized how similar the two where.

Anyway, here's the uniforms. I liked the idea of just having the "J" on the home like philroy suggested, but I also liked the "Jazz" script on the home too much to discard so I created an Alt. Home/ Sunday jersery with the "J"

NOLA_jerserys.jpg

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

Is that the Hornets wordmark? If not it looks extremely similar. I'm not calling you out or anything, because I think it looks great with this set. Nice job.

While the two look similar, the fonts are different. For example compare the 'R.' I've come across this font somewhere, but I don't know where or what it's called. It seems the two fonts share the same theme, hence their similar looks.

Anyway, the font really fits what you're trying to do here, and the whole thing looks very good.

Very creative. I really like the note-J. The only thing is seperating the end of the flag with the stem of the note. As mentioned before, I think you should chang the note color to white on the cap like you have on the BP jersey. I'd also like to see the home script on a music sheet like you have on the sleeve patch. Top notch overall.

Out of curiosity, is there any reason you chose to use the bass clef rather than the treble? I can't think of a reason why there should be one instead of the other, but if you have a rationale behind that choice, I'd love to hear it.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Out of curiosity, is there any reason you chose to use the bass clef rather than the treble? I can't think of a reason why there should be one instead of the other, but if you have a rationale behind that choice, I'd love to hear it.

Mostly because I'm a tuba players and feel that bass clef doesn't get enough love. Also because I wanted the "NOLA" to be the focus yet still make it clear that it was sheet music. I felt the bass clef was able to do this especially since it is contained within the staff.

Forgive me for being negative, but...

- "Jazz" script is barely legible, in my opinion. The "J" looks almost as much like a "P" or an "S", the "a" could be a "o" or a swirl, and the "z"'s look like "3"'s. I don't think the "azz" font needs to be so informal, if you know what I mean. The "J" note is snazzy, but the other letters can be more refined and it would still look homogeneous.

- The colors are reminiscent of Tampa Bay's uni's, which were pounded on these boards for being boring. By themselves they are nice, but if we had an expansion team I'd wish for something other than largely navy and white.

- The colors are reminiscent of Tampa Bay's uni's, which were pounded on these boards for being boring. By themselves they are nice, but if we had an expansion team I'd wish for something other than largely navy and white.

Depending on your monitor settings I can see how the main color would appear navy but it is really a blueish-purple.

Archived