New Saskatchewan Licence Plates

NickNickNick

Made from non-toxic, non-corrossive material, with a new font which, "makes it easier for law enforcement to detect characters."

The S and 5 looked similar. The 4 is the biggest change.

The old plates were made of steel, the new ones aluminum.

PlateComparisonAF_cutline.jpg

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

I would think the pattern of ABC-123 would be enough to tell the characters apart? That's how car license plates in Washington are. That or 123-ABC so there is no way to confuse letters with numbers.

I would think the pattern of ABC-123 would be enough to tell the characters apart? That's how car license plates in Washington are. That or 123-ABC so there is no way to confuse letters with numbers.

I think most states do (or try to do) that. Michigan has switched to the ABCD-123 system with their new license plates.

Easier to tell apart... except that you've made the 4 look more like a 9.

The new one is on top.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Easier to tell apart... except that you've made the 4 look more like a 9.

The new one is on top.

Oops. I failed the "reading for comprehension" portion of the program.

So, they've actually fixed that. But the 5 looks more like the S in the new one than in the old one.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

That'll work until they have to switch when they run out of plates (we went from ABC-123 to 123-ABC to ABCD-123 quite quickly)... or of course if someone has a personalized plate.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

That'll work until they have to switch when they run out of plates (we went from ABC-123 to 123-ABC to ABCD-123 quite quickly)... or of course if someone has a personalized plate.

I don't think we'll have that problem with the population of licenced cars in Saskatchewan. We've been doing the ABC-123 thing now since I was born, along with the 123-ABC thing more recently...I believe they've just moved back to letters first within the last couple of years. Once a plate is taken out of circulation, it can be reinstated after a period of time, too - the only exception, which makes no sense to me, is the personalized plate, which you cannot even move to a different car if you were to get a new one.

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

Archived