Newsday changes paper, logo

GuitarPunk2512

June 1st, Newsday changed the size of its newspapers and size of font and its logo on its paper. this was done for long island papers, i dont know about NYC.

in the cover, it was stated the change was to be more economically and environmentally conservative and other things along that line. its going to take time to get used to, ive been used to seeing the old paper for the last 17 years of my life, so its like a big change lol

Old-

Newsday_5-10-09.jpg

New-

lli.jpg

Mets, Jets, Islanders

Edit: Beat me to the picture, GuitarPunk.

This is a change I can get behind. It's likely because it's more like the format the paper I work for uses, honestly.

The Boston Herald reduced the size of the papers a while ago, as did a few other tabloid-style newspapers. The Newsday cover looks great though. They really made the best of the size change and then some. Unfortunately, the Herald basically just condensed the old front page format.

As a fellow Long Island native I agree that it looks weird, but I like the upgrade. Being away from home I haven't seen it in person yet. Looks like a good change to me.

Β 

Β 

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Β 

Β 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not a fan of using the "N" as the masthead. I haven't seen the "upgrade" in person yet but if it increases circulation then so be it. Hopefully Cablevision is doing more than just changing the look in their effort to improve Newsday. Only reason Newsday survives is because there is no other Long Island newspaper.

Are any of you Long Island expats old enough to remember the "Support Your Local Fire Department, Boycott Newsday!" bumper stickers? I found one on a binder in my closet the other day.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm not a fan of using the "N" as the masthead. I haven't seen the "upgrade" in person yet but if it increases circulation then so be it. Hopefully Cablevision is doing more than just changing the look in their effort to improve Newsday. Only reason Newsday survives is because there is no other Long Island newspaper.

Are any of you Long Island expats old enough to remember the "Support Your Local Fire Department, Boycott Newsday!" bumper stickers? I found one on a binder in my closet the other day.

A) That change is messed up - as an "ex-pat" I only read online so I hadn't seen that - I hope I never have to again.

B) Yes, I do remember that you are supposed to boycott Newsday to support the FD. Can you post a picture of your bumper sticker though?!

Archived