Jay's 2009 Templates

JayJaxon

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wanted to show off one of the two different types of pinstripes that will be available in the new single jersey template.

Phils_Presentation.png

I know you're focusing more on the template than the accuracy of the uniform, but the Phillies script isn't quite right. On their jerseys, the top of the "h" is hidden behind the "P". A lot of their official marks don't show it this way, but it's been like that on their jerseys since the style was introduced in '92.

Also, not sure what the technical term is, but the top of the letters on the NOB is distorted a little bit, like it's wider than the bottom. Could just be the program you're using though.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I wanted to show off one of the two different types of pinstripes that will be available in the new single jersey template.

I know you're focusing more on the template than the accuracy of the uniform, but the Phillies script isn't quite right. On their jerseys, the top of the "h" is hidden behind the "P". A lot of their official marks don't show it this way, but it's been like that on their jerseys since the style was introduced in '92.

Also, not sure what the technical term is, but the top of the letters on the NOB is distorted a little bit, like it's wider than the bottom. Could just be the program you're using though.

I'm aware of the Phillies 'P' on the script, and when I was looking at a real jersey for reference, I was debating if I should go ahead and do it, but I decided to go with the CCSLC file anyway without altering it. Good catch though. I'm sure many people didn't know that.

I noticed the problem with the lettering too but I'm really not sure how to fix it. If you see my Braves jersey I did, it has the same issue. I'm still working on trying to fix that.

In other news, here is the BP version:

Braves_Presentation.png

I am just going to have the BP jersey on a different file all together because it will keep some of the clutter out of the original template. When I build my templates, I like to have all possibilities available to me in one file. The only bad thing about that is that it quickly becomes a large file, and it gets to be not worth it to go through all the different sections of the template just to change one thing. So the BP template is fairly simple and un-cluttered. I'm debating if I want the Vest version to be on the original template or not. There is also a pullover version in the works.

This is the Cardinals jersey they had from 1973-1991. The numbers on the front were 5 inches, so that's why they look big on here. I'm gonna try to drop the opacity on the inner-shadow and see if that makes it look better, but when you guys get this template, you will be able to change anything you want pretty easily.

Cards73_91_Presentation.png

All that is left for me to work on is the Vest.

• 2 weeks later...

I have released the above jersey template for download. Just click the 'Hat Templates' link on my sig. I have not released the BP version yet. But it's coming soon. I am also working on a more 'realistic' version of the template used to document the baseball uniforms found here on CCSLC. I'll show a preview soon.

Archived