Jay's 2009 Templates

JayJaxon

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the 59Fifty version, it will be easier for you guys to place the logo, but it won't be available for the BP version. The BP caps come with the bill curved, and the middle of the bill is usually a different color. But no worries, now everyone can have both (As soon as I release the new one)

I wanted to do a helmet too. But it's just not coming out the way I want it to. My main issue when it comes to my art is shadowing and reflections. Here is what i have been able to do so far:

Helmet_Example.png

Obviously it's not looking as realistic as I would like for it to. So if anyone wants to give it a try, I can send the file of what I have so far, and the example I'm going off of. Just send me a message if you think you will be able to do this template. Thanks!

I don't have Inkscape, and wouldn't even know where to begin to convert them into the proper files. But if anyone on the boards is capable of doing so, that would be nice.

So...Does anyone wanna do that? :)

I don't have Inkscape, and wouldn't even know where to begin to convert them into the proper files. But if anyone on the boards is capable of doing so, that would be nice.

So...Does anyone wanna do that? :)

I'm going to assume that .tif or .eps formant would be the best to give out out because I'm pretty sure they can open in any software.

IowaOaks.png

Great stuff Jay.... already working a quite a few. Question. For the darker caps what is the best way to show detail (stitching, etc)? Just reduce the opacity slightly? Or is there another secret......

Also, thanks for getting me going on Colorworks also..... I have no free time but damn if I am not hung up on using the template and can't seem to just walk away.

I'm already working on some hats with this template. I'm with nbryant about suggestions on how to tweak the gradient for the darker hats.

EDIT: Here is what I have done so far with the template. I adjusted the opacity of the shading on both the background and hat to make the dark colors show better. Here is what I have done so far. I couldn't figure how to put the patterns on the logos, so I just left them plain. I'm using PS CS2, so I don't have as many features as Jay's CS3.

troyhomehat2.png

troyroadhat2.png

If you want to show the detail for darker hats, just slightly bring up the opacity for the stitches. I included Instruction on the actual template for the color 'black' that you should use. That would allow for the texture to still show up really good and you won't even have to change the opacity on the stitching that much. Hope this helps.

If you want to show the detail for darker hats, just slightly bring up the opacity for the stitches. I included Instruction on the actual template for the color 'black' that you should use. That would allow for the texture to still show up really good and you won't even have to change the opacity on the stitching that much. Hope this helps.

I also found that if you are pulling colors from SSUR, the black provided there works well (RGB Value: 30, 30, 30), thats what I used on the Pirate one I made.

McCutchen6_zps336cbf93.png

Very good point crkraider22. I always go to SSUR for my colors. I have found that unless the cap logo is all white, you are probably gonna have to change the color to match when is used on the field.

Very good point crkraider22. I always go to SSUR for my colors. I have found that unless the cap logo is all white, you are probably gonna have to change the color to match when is used on the field.

I have noticed recently that Colorwerx is optimizing some of the logos to match the colors from SSUR, so some of the newer ones that are being added will save people from going through that process.

McCutchen6_zps336cbf93.png

Archived