Jay's 2009 Templates

JayJaxon

I gotta take off to another base for a couple of days, but when I get back I think I'm gonna re-do the first template so it's easier to place the logo on there. I just like that type of hat a lot better and I would hate to think that it's too difficult for some people to use. So stay tuned for that.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I try to do the last of the hat tweaks, I wanted to show the new stand-alone jersey template I am working on. My best guess is that this will be available in about 3 days. I need to do a BP and pullover version first before I give it out to anyone.

This is just a small side project to give designers more options. My full-body template will come complete with all jersey options you can possibly imagine. This one is kind of bare in comparison, but it will allow the user to kinda do his own thing, and it's pretty easy to change the colors on the jersey and undershirt. I'll keep you posted.

Braves_Alt_Jersey.png

I ain't yet had a chance to chime in...but Jay, this is some absolutely incredible work you done put in here. I'm loving all of these temps.

I may have to cop that flat-brimmed cap temp and see what I can do with that somewhere down the line.

(And by the way...check your PMs, if you haven't done so already.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Wow I love this template very easy to use and understand. I made a lions hat (yeah they are not very good but I my favorite player is Calvin Johnson) but I used my own technique to make the logo look realistic.

LIONS5950.png

What technique would that be?

IowaOaks.png

Wow I love this template very easy to use and understand. I made a lions hat (yeah they are not very good but I my favorite player is Calvin Johnson) but I used my own technique to make the logo look realistic.

LIONS5950.png

What technique would that be?

I used the cresting on in this tutorial but didn't use the stitching. After i resized it to make it fit the hat. I added the bevel and emboss like Jayjackson said in his tutorial. After that i used one of the stitching patterns given in the cresting tutorial.

Note-I advise doing the cresting in a different document as a larger version and then resizing it to fit the hat.

detsig.png

That Lions hat looks cool.

Here is the third (and final) hat of my set. This presentation will show all three hat templates I have created over the past week. I did a second curved-bill version so it will be a little easier to place the logo. It will be available in a day or two. This pretty much covers it for baseball caps. I'm going to keep this thread going for other templates I create. There is a full body baseball uniform template coming out, plus I am going to work on my single-jersey template and make that available as well.

Hat_Presentation3.png

As I have stated before, if anyone comes out with anything to improve what I have done here, please let us know. I have always been a fan of sharing knowledge, and although graphics designers are competitive by nature, I also believe in treating others how you would like to be treated. That is why I let you guys use my stuff. I don't see the point in spending hours working on something if I refuse to share it with my fellow designers. So use these templates, improve them if you can, and share them! :)

Thanks to everyone who has been watching this thread and commenting. The best is yet to come though! ;)

Well, I experimented with the hat logo to give it the embroidery effect. I wasn't able to separate the different parts of the T-sword, so my only option was to modify the entire colored portion. I also used a pattern overlay that I hadn't used since I modded a uniform for my MVP 2005 game to replicate embroidery. I think it turned out really well. Here they are.

Home:

troyhomehat3.png

Road:

troyroadhat3.png

Favorite Troy Hat of All Time:

troyhomealthat.png

It looks good sacker12, but I wonder why you are not able to separate the colors on the logo. What are you doing to try to separate the colors?

I'm using the Magic Wand on the image after Free Transform. When I do that, it highlights the entire colored part of the T-sword, not the individual colored parts. I even used the tip you gave in the tutorial. However, I am doing this on CS2. I can, however, separate the colors on the unaltered logo.

It looks good sacker12, but I wonder why you are not able to separate the colors on the logo. What are you doing to try to separate the colors?

I'm using the Magic Wand on the image after Free Transform. When I do that, it highlights the entire colored part of the T-sword, not the individual colored parts. I even used the tip you gave in the tutorial. However, I am doing this on CS2. I can, however, separate the colors on the unaltered logo.

When you have the magic wand tool selected, lower the tolerance (located below the main toolbar), and try to select the area. Keep doing this until you are able to select the wanted area.

McCutchen6_zps336cbf93.png

sacker12, you were able to make them look good despite your little hitch, but now they look even better.

Thanks. I'm not quite satisfied with the end result of the road hat because of how ragged some of the edges on the raised logo came out, but the home hat turned out terrific.

Archived