Minor changes to Philadelphia Eagles unis?

Titanium Eagle

I just saw a story on the news with Rashad Baker doing community outreach activities, and he was wearing the white road jersey the whole time. The weird thing was, the graphite/charcoal lining on the numbers was metallic silver, and the numbers of his #30 looked skinner/less boxy with more space between the inner-curves of the three.

It looked normal like this (J.R. Reeds old jersey:

reed1280x1024.jpg

but with the number characteristics of this eBay fake (but with skinnier numbers) blended with it:

dawkins-eag-rd.jpg

I would hope the Eagles/NFL wouldn't let Baker go out with a fake "authentic" jersey on. I don't know if WPVI or the Eagles website will post video/pics later, but I just wanted to ask if anyone head about anything like this? I'll try to find something better later.

philliescreamersig2copy.png

You know, if the Iggles would kill the charcoal/graphite/whatever it is (or at least revert back to a more metallic silver), take a smidge bit of blue out of that green, and go with green socks both home and away to match, that uniform would instantly become one of my favorite in the NFL.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Those would help, but it's still not enough for me. I hate the lettering/numbers they use. It's not really "weak," but it's just not a good football font and I can't articulate why. They're an old team in a hardcore sports town; green and silver with plain old varsity block would look much better.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Just to review the current Eagles' colors (complete with alternate colors):

PhiladelphiaEagles_FRC_9999_SOL_SRG.png

Charcoal for the number trim and pant trim, "Cowboys Metallic Silver-Blue" for the decal Silver, and a more standard Silver for the logos on the sleeves. Not sure why they do that, but there it is.

I don't think anything is changing for 2009, but who knows?

but with the number characteristics of this eBay fake (but with skinnier numbers) blended with it:

dawkins-eag-rd.jpg

I would hope the Eagles/NFL wouldn't let Baker go out with a fake "authentic" jersey on. I don't know if WPVI or the Eagles website will post video/pics later, but I just wanted to ask if anyone head about anything like this? I'll try to find something better later.

Not sure that's necessarily a "fake", as I've seen replicas with silver instead of charcoal sold in legit stores in the area. Typically, late in the year when they have to print off extra jerseys to sell during long playoff runs (the ones they do for all teams, where they just grab the Raiders template and force the graphics on there, resulting in Steelers replicas with half stripes, etc.) they mess up the colors some. I think this is where these jerseys come from.

If you see an "authentic" with the silver... then yeah - eBay fake all the way.

EDIT: That replica actually has the black collar and cuffs, so it probably is a fake and not one of the "playoff replicas", since those usually just have body-colored collar and cuffs (white in this case.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

"Cowboys Metallic Silver-Blue" for the decal Silver

Have the Eagles no shame? Geez.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I honestly don't know what sports teams' fascination with the color black is. I can't pinpoint when it happened. I want to say late 90's but I think it may have been later than that. Maybe early 00's. A lot of sports teams started using black as an accent or alternate color and it's just stuck. I absolutely hate it. Eagles should just go back to Kelly Green and Silver.

If I had to effort a guess, I would pin it down to sometime around the turn of the decade of the '90s. If I remember right, the Miami Heat and Orlando magic were born two years before that. The year after the turn, the Tampa Bay Lightning came to be in the NHL, the same time the Florida Marlins and Colorado Rockies were born in the MLB. Four years later, the Jacksonville Jaguars and Carolina Panthers came into the NFL. The common thread between all those teams? Black, as a team color. (And in the case of the Marlins and Rockies, it came with the other two "colors of the '90s"--teal and purple. Then both the Devil Rays and Diamondbacks came into the MLB, each using ALL those colors.)

Then, at some point, Nike came along and took the black thing to a whole 'nother level, the NFL took the navy thing to another level, and, well, we all know the story of the NBA's western conference with the two-blue/yellow thing.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

I honestly don't know what sports teams' fascination with the color black is. I can't pinpoint when it happened. I want to say late 90's but I think it may have been later than that. Maybe early 00's. A lot of sports teams started using black as an accent or alternate color and it's just stuck. I absolutely hate it. Eagles should just go back to Kelly Green and Silver.
If I had to effort a guess, I would pin it down to sometime around the turn of the decade of the '90s. If I remember right, the Miami Heat and Orlando magic were born two years before that. The year after the turn, the Tampa Bay Lightning came to be in the NHL, the same time the Florida Marlins and Colorado Rockies were born in the MLB. Four years later, the Jacksonville Jaguars and Carolina Panthers came into the NFL. The common thread between all those teams? Black, as a team color. (And in the case of the Marlins and Rockies, it came with the other two "colors of the '90s"--teal and purple. Then both the Devil Rays and Diamondbacks came into the MLB, each using ALL those colors.)

Then, at some point, Nike came along and took the black thing to a whole 'nother level, the NFL took the navy thing to another level, and, well, we all know the story of the NBA's western conference with the two-blue/yellow thing.

Well the Eagles had black outline around their wings on their white helmets for at least a year back in the day, and had black trim as far back as the early '80s update, so I wouldn't associate them with the '90s trend of BFBS. Now, you want to talk about their stupid black alt jersey, that's a whole 'nuthah discussion.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Well the Eagles had black outline around their wings on their white helmets for at least a year back in the day, and had black trim as far back as the early '80s update, so I wouldn't associate them with the '90s trend of BFBS. Now, you want to talk about their stupid black alt jersey, that's a whole 'nuthah discussion.

Yeah...i still don't get the point of that one, even after all this time.

Archived