SEC/ESPN logo

ONUV

So let me get this straight, ESPN, CBS, and the SEC Network will all carry SEC games?

Talk about bias

Not sure what the complaint is here. ESPN and CBS have already been showing SEC games for years. I would imagine all the SEC Network is going to show (when it's not showing an SEC swim meet) is games nobody else wants like a Vandy/Kentucky game. I'm sure you're not gonna see Florida/Georgia on SEC Newtork, at least not live. You probably can't get SEC Network unless you pay extra for it anyway.

So let me get this straight, ESPN, CBS, and the SEC Network will all carry SEC games?

Talk about bias

How exactly is it "bias"?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Talk about bias

Not sure what the complaint is here. ESPN and CBS have already been showing SEC games for years. I would imagine all the SEC Network is going to show (when it's not showing an SEC swim meet) is games nobody else wants like a Vandy/Kentucky game. I'm sure you're not gonna see Florida/Georgia on SEC Newtork, at least not live. You probably can't get SEC Network unless you pay extra for it anyway.

The SEC Network is ESPN's syndication deal with local stations for the 11 AM SEC time slot. Here's a short article:

http://blog.al.com/solomon/2009/07/sec_net...s_national.html

Talk about bias

I'll tell you exactly why it's biased!

ESPN, CBS, and the SEC Network only care about making money. They don't care about showing all of college football. That's not fair! They're only going after the most rabid and loyal fanbases, the conference who plays the best football (and it ain't even close) in the nation top to bottom, and have some of the best coaching minds nationally! Plus, there are so many rivalries, so many big games, so many colorful figures...plus at least for this year, there's still Tim Tebow! They need to look past all that and showcase the little guys! Who cares if no one wants to watch WAC and Mountain West football, they should jam it down our throats like they did with the WNBA and Arena Football!

I think these networks should be more concerned about equity in the college football landscape than they are about great football, great players, great coaches, great rivalries, and huge amounts of money!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

ESPN, CBS, and the SEC Network only care about making money. They don't care about showing all of college football. That's not fair! They're only going after the most rabid and loyal fanbases, the conference who plays the best football (and it ain't even close) in the nation top to bottom, and have some of the best coaching minds nationally! Plus, there are so many rivalries, so many big games, so many colorful figures...plus at least for this year, there's still Tim Tebow! They need to look past all that and showcase the little guys! Who cares if no one wants to watch WAC and Mountain West football, they should jam it down our throats like they did with the WNBA and Arena Football!

I think these networks should be more concerned about equity in the college football landscape than they are about great football, great players, great coaches, great rivalries, and huge amounts of money!

Your argument makes zero sense. So you're saying ESPN shouldn't care about great games, players and coaches? Networks care about ratings, it's how they attract advertising dollars and yes, ultimately make money. Why else would a business operate other than to make money? So why would ESPN not show games that are going to get them the highest ratings? The SEC has arguably the most passionate and loyal fans in college football and SEC football games are probably the highest rated games in the country. So why wouldn't ESPN and CBS want to show these games? You really think ESPN is going to show the New Mexico/Utah State game over a Florida/LSU game on a Saturday night? Come on. It's the same reason FOX shows American Idol twice a week instead of running infomercials during primetime, ratings.
Who cares if no one wants to watch WAC and Mountain West football
Why would a network put on a game that no one wants to watch?

I THINK Jigga was speaking a little tongue in cheek. However, I think the Big 12 is going to show itself as sharing that top conference label with the SEC this year. At least as exciting game to game given the last couple of year's offensive explosiveness that seems to only get better and better.

Talk about bias

Agreed. There's a lot of good football that gets played at the D3 level. The athletes aren't as big or as good, but the strategy is amazing. Clearly, CBS should shocase those games every week. I'd throw a party if they would focus more on teams like University of North Billings - West (South Campus) State.

Your argument makes zero sense. So you're saying ESPN shouldn't care about great games, players and coaches? Networks care about ratings, it's how they attract advertising dollars and yes, ultimately make money. Why else would a business operate other than to make money? So why would ESPN not show games that are going to get them the highest ratings? The SEC has arguably the most passionate and loyal fans in college football and SEC football games are probably the highest rated games in the country. So why wouldn't ESPN and CBS want to show these games? You really think ESPN is going to show the New Mexico/Utah State game over a Florida/LSU game on a Saturday night? Come on. It's the same reason FOX shows American Idol twice a week instead of running infomercials during primetime, ratings.
Who cares if no one wants to watch WAC and Mountain West football
Why would a network put on a game that no one wants to watch?

facepalm.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Oh, good. I didn't think anybody could be that dumb. :huh:

There are plenty of people that dumb...on these boards even.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Actually you can catch SEC Games on Fox Sports Nets, ESPN, CBS, CSS, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPN360, Local Affiliates, and at least 2 games (UGA at Georgia Tech and LSU at Washington) that could be on ABC.

I think the deal works out so that 90% of all the SEC games will be televised. Auburn, for example, only has 1 (vs Furman) that won't be on TV somewhere.

The SEC will be irrelevant once Teblow leaves

To quote Verne Lundquist from just about every SEC game last year: "OH MY GOODNESS! Are you serious?!"

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Actually you can catch SEC Games on Fox Sports Nets, ESPN, CBS, CSS, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPN360, Local Affiliates, and at least 2 games (UGA at Georgia Tech and LSU at Washington) that could be on ABC.

I think the deal works out so that 90% of all the SEC games will be televised. Auburn, for example, only has 1 (vs Furman) that won't be on TV somewhere.

Every SEC football game will be televised somewhere, with the exception of 1 non-conference game that each school can select to sell as a PPV broadcast.

Talk about bias

You forgot that the SEC pays their players more money than other conferences... they need the extra revenue stream to keep the big name players coming in, as well as paying off professors for grades.

The SEC will be irrelevant once Teblow leaves

Is there a ribbon for CCSLC Worst Post of the Day? This sure as hell deserves it. Aw man, that's rich. I seriously lol'd at that post, and not a "Wow that was a great post" laugh but a "Holy :censored: that is amazingly ludicrous" laugh. Saying that the SEC will be irrelevant due to the departure of Tebow is like saying that the EPL is now irrelevant because Christiano Ronaldo left. I suppose the SEC became irrelevant when Peyton Manning left.

Ok, back to topic. Decent logo, there really isn't a way that they could mess that logo up unless they really tried to.

Archived