Help get the Leafs Logo/Uniforms changed

TML13

Why is it that everyone connects looks to on-ice/on-field performance, yet totally gloss over the obvious...their franchise just happens to blow? I mean, I like the Leafs organization, but really? The logo is what is holding them back? How about a revolving door of players and front office staff that have utterly killed any idea of what the Leafs were of the past?

I don't know if any of us truly believe that changing a jersey or the primary logo itself will bring home a championship, but it's kind of weird to look back through history and ironically see the kind of success some of the team have had right after some significant changes.

So then, why is there or has never been a Chicago Cubs push to sport these?

Chicago_Cubs_team_picture,_1906.jpg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why is it that everyone connects looks to on-ice/on-field performance, yet totally gloss over the obvious...their franchise just happens to blow? I mean, I like the Leafs organization, but really? The logo is what is holding them back? How about a revolving door of players and front office staff that have utterly killed any idea of what the Leafs were of the past?

I don't know if any of us truly believe that changing a jersey or the primary logo itself will bring home a championship, but it's kind of weird to look back through history and ironically see the kind of success some of the team have had right after some significant changes.

Because their Cubs fans, and they're desperate to try anything that would bring back a World Series Title to Wrigley Field. thicon_lol.gif

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

Because their Cubs fans, and they're desperate to try anything that would bring back a World Series Title to Wrigley Field. thicon_lol.gif

Too true.

They haven't tried to wear the uniforms they wore in a World Series, because they're desperate to win a World Series, lulz? That doesn't even make any sense!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

They haven't tried to wear the uniforms they wore in a World Series, because they're desperate to win a World Series, lulz? That doesn't even make any sense!

i know!

then the guy who posted the pic agreed with him...

So, let me get this straight.

This thread is about people complaining about the logo of the Leafs not winning them any cups, but I make a similar comparison if the Cubs if they did the same thing...but I'm the source of ridicule?

Totally logical.

My gripe was with the Wasatch guy, actually, but I suppose you agreed with him, so. Let's spell it back out.

"So then, why [is there or] has never been a Chicago Cubs push to sport these?" [There hasn't been any significant push for these.]

"Because their [sic] Cubs fans, and they're desperate to try anything that would bring back a World Series Title to Wrigley Field. lol"

"Too true."

Do you see how nothing really follows here? "Why haven't Cubs fans wanted to see the 1908 jerseys? Because they're desperate to try anything." I don't get it.

Fellas, Puck said why is there or has never been. I took that as there has been a "push" in Chicago to have the Cubs wear those old unis, which is why I said what I said. I don't get why Puck said "why is there" and then "or has never been", but there's no reason to start an arguement about it.

Fellas, Puck said why is there or has never been. I took that as there has been a "push" in Chicago to have the Cubs wear those old unis, which is why I said what I said. I don't get why Puck said "why is there" and then "or has never been", but there's no reason to start an arguement about it.

i think we all knew what was meant, it was just confusing. Thats all!

i think we all knew what was meant, it was just confusing. Thats all!

Ok, sorry, didn't mean to offend any Cubs fans that are on the board if I did. I should have researched found out if there really was a push to have those uniforms worn again before offering my opinion. :P

It's not well-executed enough to be offensive, but when you say "those schmucks are so desperate to see their team win, they'd dress them up in goofy flannel shirts, a silly stunt that has no causal relationship to success," offending Cubs fans kinda was what you meant to do. Just say so; we are straw-grasping idiots.

It's not well-executed enough to be offensive, but when you say "those schmucks are so desperate to see their team win, they'd dress them up in goofy flannel shirts, a silly stunt that has no causal relationship to success," offending Cubs fans kinda was what you meant to do. Just say so; we are straw-grasping idiots.

thicon_lol.gif I never said that, so please don't try and put words in my mouth. I simply meant that Cubs fans have seen a very long Champsion drought, and I wouldn't be surprised if they desperately wanted to bring those unis back if it meant they'd get a trip to the World Series! It's as easy as that. B)

as always, sorry if this link has already been posted but the new website sure seems to feature the classic leaf a lot more than the current logo.

sign of things to come?

http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/club/index.htm

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Integer varius sem sed metus porttitor a rutrum nisl faucibus. Vivamus tempor eros a ligula adipiscing convallis.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

as always, sorry if this link has already been posted but the new website sure seems to feature the classic leaf a lot more than the current logo.

sign of things to come?

http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/club/index.htm

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Integer varius sem sed metus porttitor a rutrum nisl faucibus. Vivamus tempor eros a ligula adipiscing convallis.

again, thanks. yes, the unfinished site contains lorem ipsum filler. you think the retro leaf in the header is filler as well?

zzPEfBm.png

1. The official site of Leafs Nation uses the Kings' nameplate and number font. Nice.

2. It's been so long since the Leafs won the cup, they're paying homage by using a dead language.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived