MLB Circle Sigs

RIPmetrodome

I thought of a new sig idea that basically is a custom-made circle featuring a team logo, a player name, and his number.

Here are two UPDATED examples (UPDATED 8/13 AT MIDNIGHT):

TwinsJMpng.png

LAAngelsTH.png

Please continue to give me some C&C. If there is any way I can fix it to increase interest, that would be great.

You can request up to 9, since there are 9 players on a baseball team.

Vikings.png

VikingsCards.png

H.H.H. Metrodome - The greatest dome in the history of Minneapolis.

Very messy.. clean these up. make sure the logo's background matches the on deck circle's color. Get rid of the black lines around the logos too.

thats what i was thinking, too. other than that, do you think its a reasonable concept?

Vikings.png

VikingsCards.png

Decent concept, terrible execution. Biggest concern is that it is way too big for a sig. But if you make it smaller, will player names still be readable?

If you clean this up and shrink it, you'll be on your way...

i believe the name will still be readable. if not, ill find a way to fix it up.

Vikings.png

VikingsCards.png

Here is my updated Torii Hunter batting circle sig. I made the numbers larger and moved them to the center. I also drew the logo myself by tracing it on inkscape, so i could avoid the black lines. id say the logo i traced looks pretty similar to the actual logo.

ToriiHunter.png

is that small enough, or do i need to go smaller?

Vikings.png

VikingsCards.png

Here is my updated Torii Hunter batting circle sig. I made the numbers larger and moved them to the center. I also drew the logo myself by tracing it on inkscape, so i could avoid the black lines. id say the logo i traced looks pretty similar to the actual logo.

ToriiHunter.png

Too much stuff crammed into too small a space. Screen back the logo, reduce the size of the numbers (and make them so they're not stretched out) and make the name wrap to the shape of the oval and I think it would help a lot.

ToriiHunter.png

Too much stuff crammed into too small a space. Screen back the logo, reduce the size of the numbers (and make them so they're not stretched out) and make the name wrap to the shape of the oval and I think it would help a lot.

i never thought of wraping the name to conform or whatever to the circle. good idea. ill fix the sigs sometime late tonight, as i dont have time or my computer that has the logos.

Vikings.png

VikingsCards.png

Good start, but it needs work. Here are a few ideas:

-make it more of a circle than an oval

-make them a bit more "sig size friendly". You could resize them to 150x150 or 100x100, maybe even smaller.

-less cluttered. Make the names stand out more from the logo behind it, perhaps with a white outline?

Keep at it, these can turn out good.

i updated the sig so the names are curved to the shape of the circle. i also made the numbers and logo smaller.

tell me what you think. i tried to change it based on your criticism, but im not quite sure if i did what you actually requested. i did consider all of your ideas, and all of them would make this sig better.

Without further adu, here you go:

LAAngelsTH.png

TwinsJMpng.png

Vikings.png

VikingsCards.png

It doesn't look like a batting circle at all, just call them circle sigs.

You stretched the logo, which looks absolutely horrible. Design rule #whatever (definitely top 10 though).

Just looks cluttered and messy, sorry man, just start over.

i dont see the logo being stretched. i guess i dont have the designer's eye, as im a "noob"

Vikings.png

VikingsCards.png

You stretched the logo, which looks absolutely horrible. Design rule #whatever (definitely top 10 though).

i dont see the logo being stretched. i guess i dont have the designer's eye, as im a "noob"

It's the Angels logo, it's been stretched horizontally. Check out the actual logo:

Angels%20Logo.gif

You need to watch out for things like this, they're what bring a whole concept down.

They are ovals. They need to be circles.

I'm not really sure what you are going for here, it's just a logo, text, and number in a not very organized layout with a circle around it. There needs to be some type of cohesive theme, right now it just looks like a bunch of separate elements.

alright im going to lay this one to rest for a while, so i can work on my iowa cubs redesign concept. in the next few weeks, ill think of some better ideas to make this sig concept stand out

Vikings.png

VikingsCards.png

Archived