2009-2010 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ducks played their best game of the season last night... and lost.

Ducks played their second best game of the season on Saturday... and lost in a shootout.

It's very disheartening when your team plays with a hard forecheck, a dynamic penalty kill, Corey Perry continues his torrid start to the season and has maybe 10 total minutes of a lapse throughout the game and that results in a loss (and the NHL referees' vendetta against the Ducks grows... I don't like to complain about the refs. I really don't. but it has been a real sore spot this season).

They are improving. They'll start getting the breaks. They will start to win.

And speaking of Corey Perry's hot start, I think Perry could very well be playing himself onto Team Canada. This is probably the best I've seen Corey Perry play. He's not tryin his fancy toe drag every game. He is just goin in. Working hard. And the results are definitely showing.

Also BTW, I've always been on the Crosby is a whiner train, but last night really brought it out. Last night, about midway through the 2nd, after the Ducks had been hosed with 4 penalties in the first (okay maybe 2 were legit), and the Pens were on the power play, Crosby's stick breaks. He looks at the refs with his arms at his side with that friggin sour puss on his face. Doesn't get the call, and then throws the remaining part of the stick against the boards, like a small child with a broken toy. It's kinda pathetic that that kind of behavior is shown by a captain.

And remind me not to watch Pens highlights again. I knew the Crosby kool-aid would be there, but it was disgusting. He had no stats all game except the one blocked shot at the end. I'll give him credit for that, but apparently that one play was the most heroic thing done on a hockey surface... of course before whatever he does on Thursday in LA. He didn't play Crosby like for most of the game and of course there is his temper tantrum I outlined. But yet to the NHL Network, he was the best player on the ice... Spare me.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

and the NHL referees' vendetta against the Ducks grows...

I can't believe the refs actually call penalties on the Anaheim Ducks. There should be an investigation.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I can't believe the refs actually call penalties on the Anaheim Ducks. There should be an investigation.

I'm not saying that they shouldn't ever call penalties on the Ducks.

I'm saying there is always a huge discrepancy in penalties between the Ducks and their opponents. Sometimes they are justified, but there are a large number of invisible penalties called on the Ducks. More than I've ever seen for other teams.

If they're invisible how can you see them

Also, didn't the Ducks have a runaway lead in penalty minutes the year they won the Stanley Cup? Isn't the team's ability to shamelessly amass PIMs but ultimately win games a point of pride among fans (and the troglodytic segment of the Canadian media)? Do you think there's a big discrepancy in Duck penalties and everyone-else penalties because perhaps most teams' concept of ice hockey is one pursuant to a league that wants speed and finesse over goonery?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I always wondered what it was like to be those guys who cheer when Malkin or especially Crosby gets hurt.

Now I know.

And its a good feeling.

Just kidding. I don't hate the guy that much.

*Nonetheless I get ready to dodge objects Z3R0SYST3M and Don are about to throw at me*

meh, youre just happy that Crosby might sniff the scoring lead for the first time in what? 3 years? youre welcome, enjoy it :P

We all know what Crosby does when he's so close to something that he wants. You say he's sniffing the scoring lead... ever seen what happens when a shark sniffs blood?

Its go time.

Seriously?

You sound as delusional as a Leafs fan.

Neon's tolerance for good-natured trash talking seems to have been lowered

Honestly, I don't give a crap what Crosby does. I just want them to get the cup again. Cup > Scoring Titles.

Says the guy who put them down all last season UNTIL they reached the Cup finals. It is easy to hide behind a team that just won even though you doubted it for a majority of the season. We will never forget your lack of faith.

Oh my mother :censored: ing god. Do I really have to go through this every time I post something here now? If you guys want to believe that :censored: go ahead, but it never happened. And im sick of trying to tell people this.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - est. 2006 

I'm saying there is always a huge discrepancy in penalties between the Ducks and their opponents. Sometimes they are justified, but there are a large number of invisible penalties called on the Ducks. More than I've ever seen for other teams.

NO, THERE IS NOT. STOP WHINING. The NHL, save for the NFL, expects their officials to perform at a higher level than any other major sport league. This is not a Ducks vs. the world issue. It's the game, :censored:ING DEAL WITH IT.

If you don't like it, don't watch. Or, you know, they could play without referees. Whatever you prefer.

Sorry for being such a bitch about this, but as a referee, I can not STAND when people have the nerve to say :censored: like this.

I always wondered what it was like to be those guys who cheer when Malkin or especially Crosby gets hurt.

Now I know.

And its a good feeling.

*Nonetheless I get ready to dodge objects Z3R0SYST3M and Don are about to throw at me*

meh, youre just happy that Crosby might sniff the scoring lead for the first time in what? 3 years? youre welcome, enjoy it :P

We all know what Crosby does when he's so close to something that he wants. You say he's sniffing the scoring lead... ever seen what happens when a shark sniffs blood?

Its go time.

Seriously?

Honestly, I don't give a crap what Crosby does. I just want them to get the cup again. Cup > Scoring Titles.

Says the guy who put them down all last season UNTIL they reached the Cup finals. It is easy to hide behind a team that just won even though you doubted it for a majority of the season. We will never forget your lack of faith.

Oh my mother :censored: ing god. Do I really have to go through this every time I post something here now? If you guys want to believe that :censored: go ahead, but it never happened. And im sick of trying to tell people this.

It did. There are still MANY posts that prove it.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Now I know.

And its a good feeling.

Its go time.

Seriously?

For the record, I remeber Maz saying the Pens were still in it after they went down 0-2 in the SCF. Take a look at the Who will win the cup thread in the Polls section.

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Now I know.

And its a good feeling.

Its go time.

Seriously?

It did. There are still MANY posts that prove it.

Funny how I myself have searched back and have not seen any conclusive evidence of me distinctly "giving up" on the pens. And even then, it was not "until the cup final" as you claim. That is, for lack of a better term, complete and utter bull :censored:.

Funny how I myself have searched back and have not seen any conclusive evidence of me distinctly "giving up" on the pens. And even then, it was not "until the cup final" as you claim. That is, for lack of a better term, complete and utter bull :censored:.

Selective memory. "omgz we need Torts, this nobody they hired won't win them anythinggggg" or "this season sucks, we suck, blah blah." They are there, just actually look.

None of us would have been chirping you if we did not have a reason to.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Selective memory. "omgz we need Torts, this nobody they hired won't win them anythinggggg" or "this season sucks, we suck, blah blah." They are there, just actually look.

I'm pretty sure those weren't Maz's exact words. Plus at that point he was realistic in thinking that the Pens were done. He's being a realistic fan, not a delusional one.

None of us would have been chirping you if we did not have a reason to.

You're the only one chirping.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

You're the only one chirping.

Right now, yes. But originally I was not alone.

And yes, I am done with this.

Until next time I post something you don't agree with. Or, in other words, until next time I post something.

NO, THERE IS NOT. STOP WHINING. The NHL, save for the NFL, expects their officials to perform at a higher level than any other major sport league. This is not a Ducks vs. the world issue. It's the game, :censored:ING DEAL WITH IT.

If you don't like it, don't watch. Or, you know, they could play without referees. Whatever you prefer.

Sorry for being such a bitch about this, but as a referee, I can not STAND when people have the nerve to say :censored: like this.

I'm not just saying this as one fan.

A majority of Ducks fans share this opinion.

Even members of the team, the coach, and of all people Scott Niedermayer have been quoted on this very same opinion. They believe that this whole "the Ducks are goons" thing follows them around, and instead of giving the Ducks the benefit of the doubt, they call it.

Hell, Hockey Night in Canada czar Don Cherry said it last season. So if the face of the Canadian TV media is taking notice of this for our poor little sun belt team, it has to be noted.

There are times I wished they didn't have referees, but we all know the game couldn't work like that.

I know Ducks games are on past some of your guys bed times, but stay up sometimes and watch a few Ducks games, and more than one. Make some observations and tell me I am specifically wrong. Until then, this is America and I hold my opinion.

I'm not just saying this as one fan.

A majority of Ducks fans share this opinion.

Even members of the team, the coach, and of all people Scott Niedermayer have been quoted on this very same opinion. They believe that this whole "the Ducks are goons" thing follows them around, and instead of giving the Ducks the benefit of the doubt, they call it.

Hell, Hockey Night in Canada czar Don Cherry said it last season. So if the face of the Canadian TV media is taking notice of this for our poor little sun belt team, it has to be noted.

There are times I wished they didn't have referees, but we all know the game couldn't work like that.

I know Ducks games are on past some of your guys bed times, but stay up sometimes and watch a few Ducks games, and more than one. Make some observations and tell me I am specifically wrong. Until then, this is America and I hold my opinion.

Holy Freaking Cow! Are you friggin' serious?! Did you just post that?! You just proved what I've believed for years. Ducks fans are as a collective group the least knowledgeable fans in the game. I'm sorry you all listen to the biggest idiot ever to broadcast a hockey game, but Brian Heyward has no clue on hockey. He's just a friggin' whiner. He has never seen a penalty that the Ducks take as a penalty and he will always think that anyone who comes within 100 feet of a Duck is a penalty. He's a joke and stop watching him and stop listening to him. You all have been brainwashed by an idiot who doesn't know the game. I've watched the Ducks and the penalties they take are legit as they are against the Kings, Rangers, or whatever team you want to throw out there. If you're taking a lot of penalties, then you are a lazy team and aren't moving your feet. Stop with this crap about there's a standard against the Ducks and the refs call more penalties on the Ducks. Yeah, and they are deserved. You know how bad it is? Heyward after the game said the Ducks are not tough and taking dumb penalites. When Heyward says that, it's bad. Oh and the Ducks taking a lot of penalties? Look no further than the man behind the bench. It's his duty to get them to play properly, not the referees, so the fact that they are a lazy team that takes dumb penalties is not an agenda by the league against the Ducks. I am tired of Ducks fans whining like Heyward about too many penalties, try actually watching the game and understanding how it's played.

Archived