2009-2010 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

How does Washington assign a player to Detroit's affiliate? Unless I missed something and the Caps are no longer affiliated with the Hershey Bears.

I'm not sure how it works, but the one article I read said he's "on loan" to the Griffins.

Yes, it is a loan agreement till the end of the year. His salary cap hit comes off the books and he is no longer apart of the 23 man roster. He could have conceivably been sent to Hershey after clearing waivers (pending his agreement to go there), but George McPhee wouldnt want any playing time taken away from our young players down there. He played on a 5 game loan in Grand Rapids earlier and played pretty well. The situation could rear its ugly head again next year if they decide not to buy him out.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How does Washington assign a player to Detroit's affiliate? Unless I missed something and the Caps are no longer affiliated with the Hershey Bears.

I'm not sure how it works, but the one article I read said he's "on loan" to the Griffins.

Yes, it is a loan agreement till the end of the year. His salary cap hit comes off the books and he is no longer apart of the 23 man roster. He could have conceivably been sent to Hershey after clearing waivers (pending his agreement to go there), but George McPhee wouldnt want any playing time taken away from our young players down there. He played on a 5 game loan in Grand Rapids earlier and played pretty well. The situation could rear its ugly head again next year if they decide not to buy him out.

Also, a week or so late on this: The Caps have reacquired Chris Bourque off waivers from the Pens.

And Spezza's injured for roughly 2 months. Sigh... not good... not good at all.

VENGEANCE!!! :cursing:

Oh no, without his 5 goals and 19 points the Sens' season is ruined. :P

Seriously, you should be thanking us for that, now you can get someone in the lineup who will look like he ACTUALLY wants to be playing.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

In the Caps - Avs game last night, Mike Green was hit from behind by David Koci.

http://nhl.fanhouse.com/2009/12/16/video-david-koci-hits-mike-green-from-behind-suspension-coming/

This is the second time this month that a Cap was injured in a vicious hit (see Carcillo - Bradley).

Question is, do the Capitals really need an enforcer or should they payback the opposing team by winning the game?

Moral dilemma! I have Toskala and Bryzgalov on my fantasy team. Phoenix plays Toronto tonight. Do I go with my head (Bryz) or my heart (Toskala)? Leafs have been hot lately, but as admiral pointed out, in the weak east. Can the Leafs pick off the 'yotes?

If this game was being played in March I'd go with the leafs but the Coyotes are playing good hockey, Bryz is surely playing himself on to Team Russia and the Leafs have to develop more consistency in the 1st period get the lead and not play from behind.

I'm with the Yotes can't mess with a hot goalie.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Moral dilemma! I have Toskala and Bryzgalov on my fantasy team. Phoenix plays Toronto tonight. Do I go with my head (Bryz) or my heart (Toskala)? Leafs have been hot lately, but as admiral pointed out, in the weak east. Can the Leafs pick off the 'yotes?

If this game was being played in March I'd go with the leafs but the Coyotes are playing good hockey, Bryz is surely playing himself on to Team Russia and the Leafs have to develop more consistency in the 1st period get the lead and not play from behind.

That's what my gut says. I'll blame you if I'm wrong though!

Then I'll go with Toskala since he's been better in recent games of giving up 3 goals or less. Bryz has been formidable on the road.

Then I'll go with Toskala since he's been better in recent games of giving up 3 goals or less. Bryz has been formidable on the road.

Toskala has won 4 out of 5, but Bryz has been rock solid all season...this is one of those situations where my choice will backfire. I set my league with 1 starter per position for this exact reason, to make the owner make a choice. It has already backfired on me at least twice (Savard's hatty vs. Toronto while I had M. Koivu starting comes to mind).

In the Caps - Avs game last night, Mike Green was hit from behind by David Koci.

http://nhl.fanhouse.com/2009/12/16/video-david-koci-hits-mike-green-from-behind-suspension-coming/

This is the second time this month that a Cap was injured in a vicious hit (see Carcillo - Bradley).

Question is, do the Capitals really need an enforcer or should they payback the opposing team by winning the game?

Im of the mind that an enforcer is not much of a deterrent to dirty play just cause they know either way if they play dirty theyll either get beat up or get beat by losing the game.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

And Spezza's injured for roughly 2 months. Sigh... not good... not good at all.

VENGEANCE!!! :cursing:

Oh no, without his 5 goals and 19 points the Sens' season is ruined. :P

Seriously, you should be thanking us for that, now you can get someone in the lineup who will look like he ACTUALLY wants to be playing.

Actually, Spezza was starting to turn things around. He had been having a pretty good week before he got injured. He had a 2 game scoring streak and 3 goals in the last 5 games. He was finally looking like he was starting to loosen up a bit. Oh well, let's see what Jesse Winchester can do. :unsure:

thecatch.jpg

Archived