Cal State Fullerton Adds New Logo

Waffles

Atheletics-Logo_150-dpi.jpg

The Cal State Fullerton athletics department?s proposal for a new logo was approved by President Milton Gordon earlier this week, and will feature a trumpeting elephant, a shield with rays of sunlight, the Titan name and school affiliation.

The logo will not replace any current athletic logo, but be an additional image for the athletic department?s use for merchandising and athletic gear. The block ?F? will remain the primary logo for athletic jerseys, hats, etc.

?They have the flexibility now to use either the ?F,? the ?Titans? word mark or this new image that assigns a graphic to the word ?Titans,?? Associate Vice President of Strategic Communications Jeffrey D. Cook, said.

Full Article

I'm digging that.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

It doesn't look very athletic. The elephant could have been rendered better, especially the ear and back portion. It just looks too clip-art/stencil for me. The trunk also doesn't develop evenly as it extends. Just a blue outline with some white accents...and that really doesn't do it for me.

To take the effort to implement a new logo, especially one they feel will be a source of income by putting it on merchandise and designing it almost strictly for that reason- they fell short here.

Archived