Pistons paying Tribute to Chuck Daly

Wasatch

It seems as though the Detroit Pistons will be paying tribute to the Late Great Chuck Daly this upcoming season with a honorary logo. I don?t know if they?ll be wearing this on their uniforms or not but my bet is yes they will.

Honorary_Chuck_Daly_Logo.jpg

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

is the "2" for the number of titles he won? I wonder if they intend to retire the #2 in his honor for that reason (Hey, some teams have retired numbers for worse reasons than this...Like the Wild retiring #1 for having the #1 fans).

I don't know...seeing that "2" there gives me a retired number feeling.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

Β 

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

As noted on Uni Watch about a week and a half ago, yes, it will be a jersey patch.

They're also going to have "MR. D" on their rear collar to memorialize former owner Bill Davidson, which will be permanent.

It seems as though the Detroit Pistons will be paying tribute to the Late Great Chuck Daly this upcoming season with a honorary logo. I don?t know if they?ll be wearing this on their uniforms or not but my bet is yes they will.

Honorary_Chuck_Daly_Logo.jpg

I am confused, are they gonna pay tribute to Chuck daily, or only game nights with a jersey patch?

1sigHawks-1.png

2sigHawks.gif

These elements are only going to be jersey applications, not sure if they are planning a night in which they'll honor Daly with a presentation or celebration, but im sure there will be something planned.

I love the idea of putting Mr.D on the back collar of the jersey permanently...

Didn't the Pistons start wearing the "CD" patch in this year's playoffs?

This year, they were wearing their 50th anniversary patch, which looks a lot like this one. I haven't seen these until this year. Course, I've been wrong before.

"Well, they made that change uptown and The Big Man joined the band."

--Bruce Springsteen

"10th Avenue Freeze-Out"

Archived