3D Rendered Helmet

Davidson

yeah, i know. the bengals and seahawks helmets are dodgy too. its very difficult to turn a 2d image into a large decal on the helmet.

the size and positioning are off on lots of the rest, but i did them all in 3 hours at work so im reasonably happy.

i have learned how to fix a lot of these things fro next time.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was wondering, what are the different parts/layers made of? The facemask I'm guessing is Sweep NURBS, and the shell itself maybe a manipulated and booled sphere. I have spent a good amount of time in C4D over the last few years and have always been stymied at the prospect of making a helmet. So if you could just shed some light on that I would really appreciate it. It's awesome that you bought one of the pre-made models; I have always wanted to see how good they actually are ;)

How are you able to execute the metallic flake look (like in your Black Gold helmet)?

this is something you could easily achieve in the photoshop version. i think someone has actually done it?

all you do is add noise or grain to the selected area (in this case just the helmet) and the other layers take care

of the finish.

Archived