3D Rendered Helmet

Davidson

okay,

so ive been playing around with cinema 4d for a bit at work. im predominantly an after effects animator, but i use a bit of 3d.

anyways i thought id play around a bit with some of my logos using a c4d model i bought. its great quality and only set me back

about $80 so im pretty pleased with it.

ill post some images here of my work for you guys to see.

i may at some point in the future take a limited number of requests for renders, but ill be playing about with it for a wee while yet

to get the render settings as i like them.

chur chur.

fd

helmet_test.png

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking good!

I'd probably make the logo a touch bigger and the stripes a little wider because right now there just seems to be too much empty space to make it look totally convincing. Plus that logo is so sweet you should emphasize it a little more!

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

okay so after a few hours of fiddling with the render layers, i think these are a little bit better.

will post more as i do them.

if you would like to send me a test image (vector only im afraid) then pm me a link and ill use it in

a future test. ill look to get the stripes working at some point soon also.

helmet_shark_2.png

helmet_wrangler_2.png

helmet_cheetah_2.png

fd

These are amazing! thblink.gif

How long did it take you to learn After Effects? Where and where did you learn it?

well its just the compositing ive done in after effects, the 3d is cinema 4d. and i didnt model the helmet, i just bought it and skinned it.

i did the logos tho. i learned them at work. im an animator, they take a while to get the hang of, not really a weekend job.

you can teach yourself tho, its definitely possible.

How long did it take you to learn After Effects? Where and where did you learn it?

well its just the compositing ive done in after effects, the 3d is cinema 4d. and i didnt model the helmet, i just bought it and skinned it.

i did the logos tho. i learned them at work. im an animator, they take a while to get the hang of, not really a weekend job.

Yeah, I saw you didn?t compose this in After Effects but I noticed you mentioned that you?re an After Effects animator and I?m really wanting to learn the program myself. How much different is it compared to Flash and their concept of animation with the timelines, layers, keyframes, tweens, ect.?

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

Yeah, I saw you didn?t compose this in After Effects but I noticed you mentioned that you?re an After Effects animator and I?m really wanting to learn the program myself. How much different is it compared to Flash and their concept of animation with the timelines, layers, keyframes, tweens, ect.?

well, in terms of animation, its far more powerful than flash.

i did battle with flash once or twice and i guess they are similar in many ways. the tween motion in ae is more flexible,

key frames and are also. with regards to layers it works in a way similar to photoshop in terms of adjustment layers,

luma/ alpha keys, transfer modes etc.

after that there arent really any comparisons, its just far more powerful than either.

most of the stuff in my reel on my site (link in sig) is ae.

what are you wanting to do with it?

well, in terms of animation, its far more powerful than flash.

i did battle with flash once or twice and i guess they are similar in many ways. the tween motion in ae is more flexible,

key frames and are also. with regards to layers it works in a way similar to photoshop in terms of adjustment layers,

luma/ alpha keys, transfer modes etc.

after that there arent really any comparisons, its just far more powerful than either.

most of the stuff in my reel on my site (link in sig) is ae.

what are you wanting to do with it?

Yeah, I've understand for years now that it's quite a bit more versatile and more powerful than Flash, which is why I've sort of been intimidated to learn it.

My main reason for using After Effects would be for LED advertising at arenas. You see, my company advertises with the Jazz and I build our animation advertising that?s posted in the Energy Solutions Arena during games. To date I?ve always built these in Flash.

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

okay, stripe situation is fixed.

here is a composite breakdown of a dolphins helmet.

hemet_progression.png

top to bottom, the layers are as follows.

• diffuse pass (just the flat colours used)
    global illumination (a light composite showing where colours bleed on each other)
    specular (the pass that determines how light is reflected)
    shadows
    ambient (environmental reflections)
    reflections
    ambient occlusion (darkens areas less exposed to ambient light)

These are absolutely amazing, incredible work as usual.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

As always, your work and talent never cease to amaze us Davidson, looks great! Where can we send vectors for a future render? I'd love to have the helmet of the HS team I do PA work for, let me know! It's pretty simple...

Clif

ill take the first 5-10 vector logos sent to my email address.

im not going to post it here as my spam is hardcore enough already, but follow the link to me site in my sig

and youll find it.

ta muchly fd

Archived