Louth (GAA Hockey Branding Project)

Sigma Kappa

This is great. I think, however, that you don't need the two shades of red, as it doesn't add much to the design and the disparity between the colors is not that great... perhaps if you brightened the lighter red and darkened the darker red it would be better. I just think it looks a bit muddled.

This is your best set so far in this series. I LOVE the shape of the lightning bolt. I can't remember seeing one that doubled back like that. Very frantic and energetic and evocative. The secondary is superb, and the type is very nice. My only nitpick would be a desire to see a bit more differentiation between the two reds, but that's a very minor thing.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Looks like I'm having one of those days where I dont agree with the majority on the board, but I dont like the lightening bolt for exactly the reasons stated above. I've never seen one double back like that before, to me it looks unnatural and as if you are forcing it to create a letter or shape which I'm just not seeing and that makes it a frustrating shape to look at.

I dont like the font choice as it's incredibly vertical and the variations between thick and thin are all confined to 90 degree angles, thin verticals thick horizontals and who knows how the diagonals are treated as there are none of the natural ones left in the letter forms used. this results in the lightening bolt looking very obviously added by you and Iooking a touch like it;s just been dropped on there. Personally would look to find something which has a thicker more obvious diagonal stroke to it as it will make the lightening bolt through the N look more natural.

The secondary is fantastic, I cant fault it at all. Your character/creature illustrations and renders are all outstanding and you should be truly proud of them but having seen a few in this series now I cant help but feel some of your type choices and treatments aren't as strong as your characters and it's letting things down slightly.

I dont think it's anything serious and it's certainly something I'm sure you'll be able to remedy very easily as you clearly have strong creative skills and a good eye for shapes. I'd just suggest spending more time on study fonts and it'll pretty much take care of itself.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

I've never seen one double back like that before, to me it looks unnatural and as if you are forcing it to create a letter or shape which I'm just not seeing and that makes it a frustrating shape to look at.

No,there is nothing hidden in that bolt man.I just wanted to try something new.I've never seen such shape of bolt before either,but it doesn't mean it's unnatural....unusual maybe.

...you are right about my wordmarks though.I will work on that.Thanx for comment mate!!! :D

sks7copy-4.png

This is amazing! I personally love the lightning logo. I think a lot of people don't like it because they're so used to the generic lightning logo we see everyday. Your logo has great motion and captures the jaggedness of actual lightning. I like how the sideburn of the guy is the same lightning strike. The guy is powerful and makes a great sports logo. I like the bold color combination. Excellent work as always.

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

Archived