high school baseball coach needs advice

nickelcat15

Going to order my hats tomorrow for the spring. Our school colors are navy and vegas gold. I have already ordered our navy hats (very similiar to Vandy hats). I am ordering two of the three. The hats are made by the game (wool)

white hat, navy bill with navy eyelits

navy back, white front panel, vegas bill vegas top button (think old baltimore hat)

navy hat, vegas bill

Which one's would you all pick?

We have all white uniform, navy / vegas sleeve jersey, vegas jersey, and all grey.

Going to order my hats tomorrow for the spring. Our school colors are navy and vegas gold. I have already ordered our navy hats (very similiar to Vandy hats). I am ordering two of the three. The hats are made by the game (wool)

white hat, navy bill with navy eyelits

navy back, white front panel, vegas bill vegas top button (think old baltimore hat)

navy hat, vegas bill

Which one's would you all pick?

We have all white uniform, navy / vegas sleeve jersey, vegas jersey, and all grey.

I'd go for the navy hat with vegas bill. Being a high school program it's not like you can order more in the middle of the season and I just see the white hats (or white portions) getting dingy with dirt, grass and sweat. The navy and vegas will hide that better than the white ever will. One hot day or a couple diving plays and the white will be changed and impossible to keep clean. But that's just me.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

If you're hellbent on having a 2nd cap, I agree with Bleujayone in terms of color.

Personally, I do not know where you have the money to buy the hats (Athletic budget, Players paid for them, or Team booster fund). I think that you should just have one hat and save that money until 2010 so in the event you seen in-season budget cuts, you have at least some money to play with.

I would not get the white cap with the navy eyelets. It wouldn't look good with your vegas, navy, or gray jerseys, and I don't think that colored eyelets look good on game-caps. Fashion caps OK, but they just don't look professional. The all navy with gold brim is the best choice, but the multi-panelled one could be OK too.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived