Chief takes on the Chiefs again

Chief.

Wow. I must have attempted this every football season since my junior year of high school, but here we go again. I tweaked the logo's colors, removing the black and adding a little more white and yellow.

I'm not completely off-put by the idea of using black (tempest used it extremely well in his KC concept, but that's no surprise), but I AM a stubborn ass, and it would take some convincing before I tried to add it. The Texans uniform is there, but many Chiefs fans I talk to (the stupid ones) despise the uniform because it has the state of Texas on the helmet. I never saw a problem with it since it's a freakin' throwback, but I suppose since my uniforms are new, they could wear throwbacks with the arrowhead on the helmet.

So, I simply tried to make the yellow come through while sustaining that eye-burning red (it's really bright in the sunlight, especially in person) in the uniform because, well, I like it that way. What some call hooker lipstick red and mustard yellow, I call classy.

Okay, enough of my babbling. Here you go:

C&C welcome as always!

KC_full_concept.png

ChiefsLogo.png

EDIT: The Lamar Hunt badge IS there, it's just covered by his hand. But it looks pretty bitching when it's visible on that template. Stupid hand.

Okay so you want to do away with the black, it's not something I personally agree with but it seems to be the "now" thing to do with sports logos, especially the chiefs, which is kinda ironic as there are a large number of people who also seems to think that totally black alternate uni's for every team would be "sick!' (man I hate that phrase!).

... sorry that got a little ranty, I apologise. However if you are going to remove the black I would prefer to see the KC in yellow and the drop shadow in red. The yellow is to weak on the white to work successfully as the shadow it just bleeds away to almost invisible when the logo is reduced down in size or viewed from a distance. I'd also remove the the thin white keyline within the KC or thicken it up by a fair bit as again it's getting lost at smaller sizes. If you decide to keep things as you have them with regards the order of the colour I'd really like to see a thick yellow outline round the white arrowhead, the white just looks to plain without a keyline for me.

The uni's are simple and classy and fit well with the Chiefs tradition so I think they work really well.

All in all a good classy effort and while I dont necessarily agree with the removal of the black from the chiefs logo if this is one of the better Chiefs concepts I've seen.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

the uniforms are very nice. really close to what i would do myself. the arrowhead logo needs some work though. i too appreciate the attempt at using red and yellow only, but the stroke and drop shadow isnt needed. i would suggest an outline of KC in yellow and an outline on the arrowhead too

that brings my to this; i think they need black. if it were me doing these unis, i wouldnt want red/yellow scheme for a Native American team. i think the Redskins pull that off much better. the red helmet is unique in the league and should probably stay but i would really try to throw in some black. even if it means going to a black jersey, at least you've sepperated the team from Washington

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

[T]he red helmet is unique in the league and should probably stay but would really try to throw in some black.

The Bills would like to have a word with you.

The thing I don't care for throughout this set is the separation of (for example on the red jersey) the white and gold elements. The number is white (red space) gold. The sleeve stripes are white (red space) gold (red space) white. It's throwing me off. It might also be the template (the jersey looks pretty baggy on that fellow), but the way everything looks right now, the uniforms look like a fairly generic 1980s high school team.

I can certainly appreciate your desire to balance the colors and remove the black. I think you've done a good job of that over all, but I think the actual design elements themselves you used need to be different in order for this to be an upgrade.

[T]he red helmet is unique in the league and should probably stay but would really try to throw in some black.

The thing I don't care for throughout this set is the separation of (for example on the red jersey) the white and gold elements. The number is white (red space) gold. The sleeve stripes are white (red space) gold (red space) white. It's throwing me off. It might also be the template (the jersey looks pretty baggy on that fellow), but the way everything looks right now, the uniforms look like a fairly generic 1980s high school team.

I can certainly appreciate your desire to balance the colors and remove the black. I think you've done a good job of that over all, but I think the actual design elements themselves you used need to be different in order for this to be an upgrade.

Their current set looks like a fairly generic 1980s high school team.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

the Bills and Redskins helmets are not of the same color as the Chiefs, which is what i was getting at. KC's red makes them unique, not like a team with a silver, white, or black helmet

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived