COY's

the_cynic

Who's your pick for 2004 Coach of the Year?  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Alright, it's getting that time of year again where NBA awards are being discussed. This year an interesting topic has come up, who really deserves the Coach of the Year the most? Two candidates have some interesting articles on ESPN. Who's your pick for 2004 Coach of the Year?

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Hubie Brown...has TREMENDOUS upside.

Who would have thought we'd be saying "Grizzlies" and "Playoffs" in the same sentence without the phrase "nowhere near"? He's the Jack McKeon of the NBA and he gets my vote.

Not to take away from what Sloan has done without Stockton and Malone. The job he's done this year has been very impressive.

I know this is my thread but I have one more comment to make. I don't know who made the prediction from ESPN but somebody predicted that the Jazz would only win a record 9 wins in the 2003-04 seaon. With that said, the Jazz are in playoff contention with the likes of Andrei Kirilenko and a bunch of so-called "nobody's". It's hard to deny Jerry Sloan the COY with what the Jazz have done this year.

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

typical...thanks for the shaft. I'll stay home and put a write-in for my boy Terry Porter...much like the Jazz, the Bucks were picked by SI to finish last in the East. Not only will they be playing later this month while other teams are heading to the golf courses, they'll likely be a 4th seed. not bad for a guy who retired as a player only two years ago B)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

It has to be Hubie Brown, there's no question. The Jazz aren't far removed from good seasons, likewise the Bucks. But the Grizz? They've been horrible since their inception in Vancouver. Now, there's talk of them getting home-court in the first round? Inconceivable!

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I'm with United and voted Hubie, like he said no one thought we'd be saying "Grizzlies" and "Playoffs" in the same sentence for a while. But there is good old Hubie leading his pack of youngsters to the playoffs.

But you also can't deny the jobs Jerry Sloan and Terry Porter have done. Both took over teams that were picked to fail misserably this season.

But what about Stan Van Gundy down in Miami? He's going to get the Heat into the playoffs. A team that has quietly put together a decent season and could make noise in the playoffs.

sig09.jpg

to be fair, Hubie has on his side only the greatest GM in the history of sport. and a blind man with his face in a wall could see the Grizz were gonna be something fairly soon. Coach of the year will probably go like this:

Coach of the Year: Hubie Brown, Grizzlies

runner up: Jerry Sloan, Jazz

also receiving votes: Terry Porter, Bucks; Stan Van Gundy, Heat

and a little personal touch...Greatest GM in the Entire History of Professional Sports Now and Forever: Jerry West...there are countless who wish they were. Only one Logo. :notworthy:

2016cubscreamsig.png

typical...thanks for the shaft.  I'll stay home and put a write-in for my boy Terry Porter...much like the Jazz, the Bucks were picked by SI to finish last in the East.  Not only will they be playing later this month while other teams are heading to the golf courses, they'll likely be a 4th seed.  not bad for a guy who retired as a player only two years ago B)

I'll give the Bucks props but not many. I just don't think Terry Porter is really in the running.

and a little personal touch...Greatest GM in the Entire History of Professional Sports Now and Forever: Jerry West...there are countless who wish they were.  Only one Logo. :notworthy:

No way, "Red" Auerbach is the greatest GM of all-time. I'll put Jerry up there in my list but I don't think he can beat out "Red".

Retired Number's To Come

No way, "Red" Auerbach is the greatest GM of all-time. I'll put Jerry up there in my list but I don't think he can beat out "Red".

keeping the Celtics elite for a huge chunk of the NBA's history...yeah, i'd say that requires greatness. Turning the Grizzlies into not only a playoff team, but a 50-win team in less than two years on the job...few can believe it, even fewer could actually pull it off. i think Auerbach could pull it off, but he'd have to either let Ainge run the Celtics into the ground or leave Boston himself before we could see.

2016cubscreamsig.png

Yeah, Jerry West is definitey a great GM but he's had his fair share of luck too. He practically got Bonzi Wells for nothing and who would have thought that Pau Gasol would have turned into a 17.8 PPG & 7.8 RPG man? The Grizzlies are a very well rounded team (always the best ones) and they should be a playoff team for a while to come.

The poll on NBA.com is leaning towards Hubie too!

Retired Number's To Come

Archived