Nike Pro Combat Football Template

Davidson

thanks for the template man

Im not tryin to be a jerk but your not the first one to use one of these procombat pics as a template. I made one right after they released the high quality pic of virginia techs uniform. I like the way you helmet looks on your template but i think my jersey angle is alot easier to put numbers and designs on. You have also put your template out there for others to use so i respect that also.

heres a pic of mine

NorthCarolinaFinal-1.png

Im not tryin to be a jerk but your not the first one to use one of these procombat pics as a template. I made one right after they released the high quality pic of virginia techs uniform. I like the way you helmet looks on your template but i think my jersey angle is alot easier to put numbers and designs on. You have also put your template out there for others to use so i respect that also.

heres a pic of mine

NorthCarolinaFinal-1.png

yeah, thats a nicer pose actually. i could make one with both black and white boots if i used this pose as it was just like the tcu guy also.

it looks like youve just multiplied the colours over the top. if you do some levels work with the image, you could make the colours look a bit more

realistic. i have built a comparison below.

just with multiplied layers

testb.png

with overlayed textures

testa.png

going back over it, there is quite a bit i could do to it. if im still off ill tomorrow, ill fix it up a bit more.

heres a pic of mine

NorthCarolinaFinal-1.png

yeah, thats a nicer pose actually. i could make one with both black and white boots if i used this pose as it was just like the tcu guy also.

it looks like youve just multiplied the colours over the top. if you do some levels work with the image, you could make the colours look a bit more

realistic. i have built a comparison below.

just with multiplied layers

testb.png

with overlayed textures

testa.png

going back over it, there is quite a bit i could do to it. if im still off ill tomorrow, ill fix it up a bit more.

i did alot more than just multiply the color over the top but i would love to know how you get your lowlights and highlights cus that seems more simple to me

bigmike,

1. Not your fault, but Nike should have put the players in full length socks. 2. The numbers look like they're sublimated into the jersey. There's probably a way for you to make them look more like sewn twill, which would make it much better. Try making a displacement map and/or reducing the apparent 'transparency' of the numbers. 3. I think almost everyone gets this wrong, but Bear Bryant actually wore a hat with black and white gingham plaid, not houndstooth. From far away, looks a lot like houndstooth, but alas:

bear-bryant-1.jpg

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

NorthCarolinaFinal-1.png

I think the colors for the argyle sleeves should be switched around. Still, this looks really sharp.

On the helmet, which logo would we be seeing; the ram, the tar heel foot, or the NC logo?

go to this link if u want to see my procombat stuff

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=70327&view=&hl=procombat&fromsearch=1

thanks for the compliments but i dont want my stuff to take over davidsons thread

I did a little tinkering and got a decent result in about 5 mins. For just one or two numbers, it makes more sense to simply draw them by hand right on the jersey with the pen tool or the polygonal lasso tool.

1. So, I made a new layer above the facemask layer and I drew the shape of a number 5. I made the number a little thicker, knowing it was going to be a two-color number with an outline. I eyedropped gold from the pants and painted in my selection.

2. Next, I made a new layer and I chose Select > Modify > Contract and choked in my selection 5 pixels (now that I look at it, the outline is a little thin, so maybe go 6 pixels, or 7-8 pixels for a thicker outline, like on the Raiders' throwbacks). I painted in this shape with white and I was left with a nice clean number, white outlined in gold, but it looked flat and the shadows were too stark, like it was sublimated into the fabric.

3. First I applied a drop shadow to both the gold layer (outline) and the white layer (fill). A very small drop shadow, like 2-3 pixels on the gold and 1-2 pixels on the white, just to give the shapes some visual lift as if they were thick pieces of twill layered on top of one another.

4. Then I dropped the opacity of the white layer to 50% and copied that layer to the very top of the image. I took the opacity of this layer to 65% and got rid of the drop shadow. The purpose of this step is to eliminate the darkness of the shadows.

This is what the final product looked like. Not too bad. Note the layer order on the right.

screencap.png

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

bigmike,

1. Not your fault, but Nike should have put the players in full length socks. 2. The numbers look like they're sublimated into the jersey. There's probably a way for you to make them look more like sewn twill, which would make it much better. Try making a displacement map and/or reducing the apparent 'transparency' of the numbers. 3. I think almost everyone gets this wrong, but Bear Bryant actually wore a hat with black and white gingham plaid, not houndstooth. From far away, looks a lot like houndstooth, but alas:

bear-bryant-1.jpg

Yeah, I just kind of threw it together to see how it looked, if I were to ever post one, I would try to work on the numbers some more. Your's looks really good, I'll play around with it to see how it looks, and I figured someone would say something about the socks :P I wish they had the NFL styled socks where you could make the top part Crimson and the bottom white. Like I said thought I just threw something together to see how it looked and worked. Also, I've noticed Bear Bryant wore the checkered styled hat. I think I have seen a picture of him wearing a hat that has houndstooth but it's still in a checkered style, he never wore the kind I used but I was just trying to mimic what the team did a couple years back, plus now a days

everyone in Alabama wears houndstooth. Thanks again for the tips on the numbers though!

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

I still can't figure out why Alabama and their fans have embraced the houndstooth. You might be able to clone in the upper part of the socks.

• 2 weeks later...

I still can't figure out why Alabama and their fans have embraced the houndstooth. You might be able to clone in the upper part of the socks.

Cause Bear wore a hounds tooth hat. That is why plan and simple.

So dense.

If you would have read it all, you'd see that earlier in the thread I pointed out that Bear Bryant wore a black and white (sometimes even blue and white) gingham plaid hat, NOT a houndstooth hat. Yet, for some reason we always see the houndstooth pattern associated with Bryant, though it's incorrect. It's not so 'plan and simple', hence the question.

man i dont know why i ever hated this template. now that i look back on it, i like it more than your new one. it just seems alot more cleaner and the colors dont get washed out

i think i know why you hated it.

Archived