• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Group A scores from today

USA 12

Latvia 1

Canada 8

Slovakia 2

This sets up the New Years Eve game between Canada and the US. Winner gets a bye to the semifinals, loser has to play in the Quarters

In Group B, Sweden defeated Russia 4-1. Provided Finland beats Austria (which they should) that will set up a Sweden-Finland New Years Eve game for first in group B and a bye to the semifinals (Although it is likely to be a 3-way tie if Finland beats Sweden between those two and Russia, in which case goal differential would determine 1st place).

Dear Citizens of the United States of America,

Tonight between 8 and 11PM Eastern Standard Time, Canada cannot be your friends. It's an unfortunate and we feel bad about doing it, but we'll be there for you after the hockey game.

All the best out there tonight kiddo,

Canada

Friar%20Canuck.jpgfriarcanuck.png

1-0 Canada!

Yanks on the power play though....

EDIT-

Dang, US scores on the pp.

EDIT (again)-

Things don't look good. Canada can't pass, they can't hit the net, they can't even stay on their feet. They're lucky to be tied with the Americans at the end of the first.

Canada wins in a shootout! :flagcanada:

Really though, Canada had no business winning this game. They only really showed up during the second half of the third period. They can't afford to play in such a manner against teams as talented as the United States.

Here's to Sweden winning the Gold Medal because to me they are above everyone else, But if it's Canada/Sweden in the Gold Medal Game look for it to be one of the best games ever played

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

A really sucky outcome, but the game was good, and hopefully these teams will meet down the line. Canada may not have played their best, but I think the US showed they certainly have a shot to do some damage.

I'm hoping to see these teams meet up again as well. It should be a great game.

It was a great great game. Lots of drama and the rivalry is so intense, these 2 nations really respect each other and they play each other hard.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

All I will say is that it says a bit for the United States to be able to even take Canada to a shootout - Canada, with all the talent they have, should have won by six or seven goals, easy.

Maybe but I doubt it very much the US is right up there with Canada, Sweden and Russia they have easily one of the best development programs in the world and I was really expecting a US upset tonight. In my opinion this is one of the worse Canada teams out of the Gold streak but our worse is still good and many countries would love to have this talent at their hands.

But this team needs to stop being dumb when it comes to penalties and they need to be much better taking care of the puck and tonight it almost cost them a spot in the Semi-Finals.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

True, but a lot of these games won't be close and goal differential has done some crazy things over the years. There is no award for sportsmanship.

Still, they should not be playing like Jack Reilly is their coach.

Kudos for the Mighty Ducks reference :)

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

What a game that was. The Swiss tied it up with 32 seconds left in the 3rd and won it with about in the dying seconds of OT. I loved how the crowd got behind the Swiss. I was actually more excited with that game than the Canada-US game.

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived