2010 World Junior Hockey Championship

Korbyn

That was the greatest hockey game I have ever witnessed.

I didn't even expect the game to be that good! It is sad that Canada lost, but Eberle and company sure put up one hell of a fight. Hats off to the Americans for coming back in OT.

Instant Classic.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once again, I would like to say I am thankful it was JP Dellacamera calling this tournament and not Gary Thorne. I probably wouldn't have watched otherwise.

What a great game and a great way to end the tournament.

By the way, did anyone happen to hear the amount for the final 50/50 of the tourney? With a game and crowd like that, I wouldn't be surprised if the prize had been over $50,000.

I did hear on the TSN feed that over 100000 beers were sold during the tournament.

Friar%20Canuck.jpgfriarcanuck.png

Once again, I would like to say I am thankful it was JP Dellacamera calling this tournament and not Gary Thorne. I probably wouldn't have watched otherwise.

What a great game and a great way to end the tournament.

By the way, did anyone happen to hear the amount for the final 50/50 of the tourney? With a game and crowd like that, I wouldn't be surprised if the prize had been over $50,000.

I did hear on the TSN feed that over 100000 beers were sold during the tournament.

Over 150,000!

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

The sad part is 99.9% of Americans don't understand how big of a win this is while 99.9% of Canadians are devastated.

Although I'm disappointed, I wouldn't say I'm devastated. I mean we won 5 in a row, and the Americans were playing GREAT hockey, especially that goalie. Campbell looks to have a promising future if he can play like that in the big leagues. Good for the States.

Great game.

How about that Eberle?

Hi, how are you?

The sad part is 99.9% of Americans don't understand how big of a win this is while 99.9% of Canadians are devastated.

Although I'm disappointed, I wouldn't say I'm devastated. I mean we won 5 in a row, and the Americans were playing GREAT hockey, especially that goalie. Campbell looks to have a promising future if he can play like that in the big leagues. Good for the States.

Great game.

How about that Eberle?

Hell of a player but I hope it stops now. This guy will be an Oiler within two seasons.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

a more true statement could not have been said

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

Although I'm disappointed, I wouldn't say I'm devastated.

I wouldn't say I'm really devastated either, but I'm definitely "sports devastated." Clawing back from 5-3 to lose in OT? That stings.

I consider myself a die-hard true-north hockey fan and yet I'm really not all that jazzed about it. I mean, I guess it's kinda cool in and of itself, but I don't feel prouder to be an American or anything. I don't even know who's on either team.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Great game. Someone said it before, whenever it's U.S.A. vs Canada on the stage of hockey, drama and greatness result. Congratulations, Canada, on five in a row. However, for this year, it's ours.

See you in Vancouver...

EDIT: StL... that is awesomeness!

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Exactly.

By the way, cool avatar of former Knights great Manon Rheaume....

Thanks, she's a Canadian icon even if on loan for those 4 AK years to the US - do they still yell "KNIGHTS!" during the singing of the anthem?

Yes, though some view that as disgracing the anthem. All they're doing is shouting one word loudly...nothing wrong with that.

Archived