Tennessee Outlaws: New Prospect League team

otherwilds

So apparently Nashville is getting some kind of new baseball team but gosh darn it I swear I've seen that logo some where before

TheNashvilleOutlaws.png

Baseball Outlaws ride into town this summer

The Nashville Sounds will have company on the local baseball scene this summer.

The Nashville Outlaws were introduced Thursday as the newest member of the Prospect League, a summer wood bat league for players who have completed one year of college competition and have remaining eligibility.

Founded by three former Sounds? executives, the Outlaws will play a 56-game schedule from June through August. The 28 home games will be played at Vanderbilt?s Hawkins Field.

The Prospect League (formerly known as the Central Illinois Collegiate League) began play in 2009 with 11 teams and expanded this year to 15 teams with the addition of Nashville and three others. In December, Dekalb County (Ill.), Terre Haute and West Virginia (Beckley, W.V.) were added.

RobbyBox2.jpg

I know I've seen that logo, too. I think it was on istockphoto.com, but (of course) it wasn't there just now when I went to look for it. Maybe the team bought the exclusive rights to it and istock removed it?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

"HAY GUYZ, if we take the old Quad City logo and change FIVE THINGS, we can use it without being sued for copyright infringement!"

It seems to be the old River Bandits logo, modified in such a way to not look very good.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I'm guessing the Outlaws name is supposed to refer to the "outlaw" genre of country music. If so, that's pretty hilarious considering that it was created by country singers like Willie Nelson who moved out west to get away from the Nashville establishment.

I'm guessing the Outlaws name is supposed to refer to the "outlaw" genre of country music. If so, that's pretty hilarious considering that it was created by country singers like Willie Nelson who moved out west to get away from the Nashville establishment.

I think they'll stick with this Texas/western-themed name for another year before changing to a classical Greek/Roman name :D .

• 5 weeks later...

Had the chance to chat with the Nashville Outlaw folks thsi weekend and asked if they got any flak from the Quad City River Bandits anout the logo. The answer was along the lines of "Um, well...oh yeah...They said...We thought the N with the black hat looked better so we changed it up..."

NashvilleOutlawslogo2.png

So the home hat will now have the above logo ona black cap.

Nice dig there Neo at the Oiler/Titans

RobbyBox2.jpg

Archived