Redskins Redesign

Moseph

Hello everyone, I am new this site and this is my first redesign. I have been a big Redskin fan my whole life and think it is time for a uniform change after about 30 years of the current ones. I wanted to kind of update the current ones rather than go for a whole new look like the Falcons and Cardinals have done recently. I liked the helmet and logo the way it was, so all I did was add black stripes between the gold and white. For the jersey, I added a black stroke to the numbers, put the Script R above the last name, and added shoulder stripes similar to the white jerseys from the early 60s but with more color. For the pants, I added the Spear logo to the side on top of the redesigned stripe, which also contains the addition of black. I also brought back gold pants to replace the white ones for a more nostalgic look. I redid the socks and made a 3rd alternate jersey that is gold. What do you guys think?

Redskins10jerseujpeg.jpg

redskins10jerseyhomealtjpeg.jpg

Redskins10jerseyAltjpeg.jpg

Redskins10jerseyRoadjpeg.jpg

Redskins10jerseyRoadAltjpeg.jpg

SouthParkBaseballOriolespngsmall.png

First of all, welcome to the CCSLC :welcome:

As for the concept goes, this isn't too bad. Very conservative. There are tons of inconsistencies that I would like to point out however. The stripes overall are all very different form each other. The helmet stripe goes white-black-yellow-black-white while the pants go white-black-yellow, and the shoulder stripes don't necessarily match the others as well as it should. I'd definately make the yellow alot more orangish, more like an 'athletic gold' as others may call it. Also, If you're going to redesign the whole uniform, I'd definately make it consistant with the logos as well. You could add a black outline to the primary to make it follow the stripes more, and the 'R' logo could be done the same way as well. The spear on the pants should also follow their current color scheme, that could be updated accordingly.

Nice job overall, with a few tweaks this could be 'golden' :P

Not a lot of time for a full c/c now, but I'll stop back later. Initial reaction (besides the striping things that were mentioned) is I'd add another set of socks to be worn with the maroon pants. Maybe yellow or white, so that the sock doesn't just look like an extension of the pants.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Hey, I can't complain about your first concept on this site. It's not too bad, but to me, those shoulder stripes don't say "Redskins;" they remind me more of the Panthers. However, everything else is pretty good. I like how you've incorporated the curly "R" and the spear onto the uniform without too much cluttering.

Oh yea, and :welcome: .

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Welcome aboard, matey! Not a bad first concept at all. But, how about instead of a yellow alternate, it's black? I know so many teams have done that within the past few years to the point where it seems trendy. But, it could look good.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

Hello everyone, I am new this site and this is my first redesign. I have been a big Redskin fan my whole life and think it is time for a uniform change after about 30 years of the current ones. I wanted to kind of update the current ones rather than go for a whole new look like the Falcons and Cardinals have done recently. I liked the helmet and logo the way it was, so all I did was add black stripes between the gold and white. For the jersey, I added a black stroke to the numbers, put the Script R above the last name, and added shoulder stripes similar to the white jerseys from the early 60s but with more color. For the pants, I added the Spear logo to the side on top of the redesigned stripe, which also contains the addition of black. I also brought back gold pants to replace the white ones for a more nostalgic look. I redid the socks and made a 3rd alternate jersey that is gold. What do you guys think?

Redskins10jerseujpeg.jpg

redskins10jerseyhomealtjpeg.jpg

Redskins10jerseyAltjpeg.jpg

Redskins10jerseyRoadjpeg.jpg

Redskins10jerseyRoadAltjpeg.jpg

I LOVE IT!

Seriously, this is the best-executed redesign of the Redskins I have ever seen. It keeps their identity and modernizes it without going down the same toilet that the Vikings and Seahawks went down.

The burgundy/burgundy set is my favorite, with the white/gold pants set a close second.

I love that you included the Gibbs "R".

Well done!

(bow):notworthy:

87Redskins.png

First of all, welcome to the CCSLC :welcome:

As for the concept goes, this isn't too bad. Very conservative. There are tons of inconsistencies that I would like to point out however. The stripes overall are all very different form each other. The helmet stripe goes white-black-yellow-black-white while the pants go white-black-yellow, and the shoulder stripes don't necessarily match the others as well as it should. I'd definately make the yellow alot more orangish, more like an 'athletic gold' as others may call it. Also, If you're going to redesign the whole uniform, I'd definately make it consistant with the logos as well. You could add a black outline to the primary to make it follow the stripes more, and the 'R' logo could be done the same way as well. The spear on the pants should also follow their current color scheme, that could be updated accordingly.

Nice job overall, with a few tweaks this could be 'golden' :P

The shade of gold he used works in my opinion.

Redskins10jerseyRoadAltjpeg.jpg1431156984_db261cff00.jpg

Also, I love the spear logo on the pants.

I tried a black alternate, and it looked pretty good, but it just wasn't the Redskins to me.

Thank you. They should NEVER have a black jersey or significant use of black as part of their color scheme.

87Redskins.png

• 2 weeks later...

I decided to redo this but go in a completely different direction. I decided to get rid of the black I added nad just stick with burgundy and gold. I heard Bruce Allen say he wanted to utilize the colors more and likes the throwback look, so that is what I decided to do. What do you think of these?

RedskinsNewRetroHomejpeg.jpg

RedskinsNewRetroHomeBurgjpeg.jpg

RedskinsNewRetroRoadjpeg.jpg

RedskinsNewRetroRoadAltjpeg.jpg

RedskinsNewRetroAltjpeg.jpg

SouthParkBaseballOriolespngsmall.png

2 things. I think the feathers could work on the pants, but they need to be scaled down. The proportion of it looks too big. Second, i am looking at the sleeves of the jersey. If you are going to put the arrow head logo on the sleeve, i would keep it simple. just keep the logo, no stripes. If you REALLY want a stripe, i would put it on the cuff of the sleeve - just one color, all solid.

I think it would help the uniform from becoming TOO busy.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Something like this?

RedskinsNewRetroHome2jpeg.jpg

I'd make the yellow stripe in the middle a little bit thicker on the jersey and socks as you've made it on the helmet. Though I think the "R" logo below the back collar is unnecessary, I don't feel as though it hurts your concept. Just for the record, are you pairing this set with black or white cleats? Personally, I think white cleats would look better.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Something like this?

RedskinsNewRetroHome2jpeg.jpg

Great work again. Now this would be a GREAT way to update them. No one could complain about them looking plain or outdated. The gold jerseys still don't work for me, but this design is overall awesome. Tough to choose between the first and this one, but I'd lean towards this one for having less black and for bring so different. (bow)

Seriously, send this one to Bruce Allen somehow. He publicly stated that he and Shanahan are proud of the team's identity and colors and won't change them, but ARE throwing around ideas for updating the uniforms to put in front of Snyder.

87Redskins.png

Archived