Best 2010 Olympic Jerseys

16kid

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know what jerseys will be worn in the gold medal game?

No, I don't know, but the US has the number 1 seed so I presume that means that they get to pick what jersey they wear. In this tournament the home teams have been wearing their dark jerseys, but we could see the Americans bring out the throwbacks again for some more Squaw Valley good luck. If I had to take a guess, it would be USA-white throwbacks, Canada-Red.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Does anyone know what jerseys will be worn in the gold medal game?

No, I don't know, but the US has the number 1 seed so I presume that means that they get to pick what jersey they wear. In this tournament the home teams have been wearing their dark jerseys, but we could see the Americans bring out the throwbacks again for some more Squaw Valley good luck. If I had to take a guess, it would be USA-white throwbacks, Canada-Red.

If I had to guess, I'd guess as you do. But I hope that if the US has a choice, it wears the blue jersey. That is fast becoming my favorite USA jersey, pretty much ever; it gets just about every big design question right. I love the USA font, I love the lettering, I love having a star on each shoulder (though not necessarily that star), I love the balance of the white and red stripes at the bottom. Even the shade of blue is perfect to represent the United States. I don't care for the sublimated sleeves, but those are basically invisible on TV, even in HD. I'd love to see a number of tweaks to the regular white version, mainly to balance blue and red better in the stripes, and then have this set used as the basis for Team USA going forward. At first I resented the rejection of the federation logo in the Olympics, but the more I see the block USA jerseys the more it appeals to me. First, because of the connection with history, since a block USA is basically how Team USA has always looked, and second because it projects a much stronger spirit of representing the nation rather than just the national hockey governing body.

Then again, Canada's red jersey has become my favorite of the Olympics, and easily one of my favorite hockey jerseys of all time, so I won't be disappointed of Team USA goes with one of its whites.

20082614447.png

Archived