Best 2010 Olympic Jerseys

16kid

From the snow events I've seen where they wear the Olympic bibs, they all look more or less the same which is a huge problem. Watching the snow board cross it's really difficult to tell who is who. The tops are all green and blue with the bottoms being a red, or black, or yellow, etc. Horrible design is you actually want tell the racers apart.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I gotta say Sweden. It's simple, beautiful and has gone fairly unchanged for as long as I can remember. A very well established uniform if there ever was one.

I'll have to put team USA in at number 2. Also I'm not a fan of the black in Canada's set. Remove the black and that's a fantastic looking uniform.

4114313717_ee13929eec_o.png

I gotta say Sweden. It's simple, beautiful and has gone fairly unchanged for as long as I can remember. A very well established uniform if there ever was one.

I'll have to put team USA in at number 2. Also I'm not a fan of the black in Canada's set. Remove the black and that's a fantastic looking uniform.

Me neither, but there's very little of it left in the current set.

Sweden always has a nice set, but I feel the white outlines around the crowns are unnecessary. It ruins the simplicity of the blue and gold scheme.

USA, I'm not a fan. I'm actually happy to see the USA Hockey logo done away with, but the block arched "USA" seems more bland then simple. The eagle with the stars/stripes shield is the way to go, in my opinion, when it comes to the United States. It's such a strong emblem I'm surprised it isn't used more often.

The Swiss, I think, have the best. It's understated, it's classy, it fits the symbolism associated with the nation, and it just looks great.

Was watching the Sweden and Germany game and those uniforms were beautiful! I especially liked Germany's. It kind of reminded me of the old flying skate Canucks uniforms, except not completely ridiculous (though I loved those Canucks jerseys).

Anyone know why some players on Russia and Latvia were wearing different coloured gloves?

The only explanation I've been able to find was on Radulov, because green is his club team's colours.

But... so what? You wear what the team wears. That's not an answer.

Ovechkin and Semin wore their Caps gloves in the first game too, maybe some guys just may feel more comfortable with their regular team gloves that are broken in.

Ovechkin and Semin wore their Caps gloves in the first game too, maybe some guys just may feel more comfortable with their regular team gloves that are broken in.

Just seems weird, considering gloves are a dime a dozen for players. Most NHLers have 2 or 3 pairs per game.

Anyone know why some players on Russia and Latvia were wearing different coloured gloves?

The only explanation I've been able to find was on Radulov, because green is his club team's colours.

On a similar note, Ryan Miller was wearing his Sabres pads as well. I think it's a comfort thing.

Does anyone have a game-action picture of the Germany jerseys? I feel like they'd look really nice in person.

330zl3b.png

On a similar note, Ryan Miller was wearing his Sabres pads as well. I think it's a comfort thing.

Especially when it comes to goalies. Fresh goalie pads are a pain to break in.

Yeah, I was surprised to see that Luongo apparently has new gear for the games. Though I guess he could have been breaking them in during practice or something.

Watching USA v Norway, Norway's red jerseys are total class.

Yeah, I was surprised to see that Luongo apparently has new gear for the games. Though I guess he could have been breaking them in during practice or something.

Watching USA v Norway, Norway's red jerseys are total class.

he broke them in all road trip.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I really, really like the Norway jerseys, but they are not available online anywhere.

What I need is someone in Vancouver to pick me up one. Send me a PM if you can help me out on this one.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

It's weird: I dislike the blue USA jersey, but I LOVE the white one. There's no need to discuss how nice looking the throwback is, since it's already awesome. But yeah, I'd definitely pick up a white USA jersey, & wouldn't look at the blue USA jersey unless the USA was playing in em.

Overall, I'd have to say that as far as the uniforms are concerned, gold goes to Canada, silver to Sweden, bronze to Germany.

Why do most teams wear dark colored helmets with their white jerseys (and USA with white with their navy jerseys)?

I don't know why they do it. But I think it looks like hell.

It has to be an IIHF rule, because I've noticed it (and hated it) in all the past tournaments as well. I don't mind the colored helmets with white jerseys perhaps because it's common in college hockey or maybe because the helmet matches the pants creating a football-like effect. But I hate white helmets with dark jerseys because they look completely out of place (unless a team breaks out white pants).

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Archived