Best 2010 Olympic Jerseys

16kid

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far, my favorites are the Swiss white jerseys. They are just really nice and clean looking, but I wish they paired them with red pants and helmets. The black looks out of place and the same goes for Team Canada's uniforms. I like their jerseys, but not with the black helmets and pants. The Germans' jerseys are pretty sharp as well.

I don't really like the US team's jerseys. I miss the USA hockey logo (I guess they weren't allowed to use it anymore), I'm not a fan of that style collar, or the number font, and the flaming star shoulder logo just seems out of place. And the white jerseys with that random blue shoulder "cap" just look weird to me.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I'm pretty sure the IOC ruled no federation logos on jerseys an year or two ago.

If I recall correctly, they have had this rule for a while, it's had only been strictly enforced since Beijing 2008. They gave permission on a case by case basis in the past.

I saw, I came, I left.

Switzerland is definitely the best as far as jerseys go. Pure class.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I gotta go with the Fins they always pull out some great threads.

The Fins are good. Canada is better. Best in the tournament by a longshot.

And once I get past the mental whiplash inherent in the phrase "Chinese hockey team," China's red set is on a par with the best one-third of current NHL unis.

I'd like the Swiss a lot more if they moved the emblem to the center of the jersey. Classy and understated, but off-balance.

20082614447.png

The USA throwback alternate looks beautiful, I'm guessing those will be my choice once I see 'em on the ice. The home blues look really plain, they're in desperate need of something on the sleeve cuz the cuff stripes get totally covered by the gloves.

Slightly off topic, but does anyone know why some jerseys have the Olympic logo back hem patch and some don't? It seems there's always been one team with and one team without it in each game...

Archived