Best 2010 Olympic Jerseys

16kid

After seeing them all on ice, I have to say Germany's aren't as good as I first thought. The eagles on the sleeves are what makes it badass, and that's lost on the ice. You can't see them what so ever (same with Russia's and USA's faint designs), so I'll have to go with:

1) Switzerland Reds

2) Latvia Maroons

3) Germany Blacks

12)Norway (couldn't be less creative. Yawn)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe you guys like the Swiss jerseys, the shoulders look so awkward.

Does anyone have good pictures of the sublimated designs?

They tend to like the most boring stuff around here, and I have never found out why. Anything new or modern looking is usually frowned upon, thats why they don't like the sublimated designs.

...The USA jerseys sure looked damn good tonight beating canada at their own sport! Heck they could have been wearing practice jerseys and would have looked good in that performance...SO GREAT

They tend to like the most boring stuff around here, and I have never found out why. Anything new or modern looking is usually frowned upon, thats why they don't like the sublimated designs.

...The USA jerseys sure looked damn good tonight beating canada at their own sport! Heck they could have been wearing practice jerseys and would have looked good in that performance...SO GREAT

Your second statement contradicts your first.

The Swiss jerseys are far from traditional. The non centered breast logo like you might find on a baseball jersey makes them the most modern jerseys of the tournament. My problem with them is how closely they resemble Canada's and how they wear black pants and helmets with little to no black in the jerseys and socks. It has nothing to do with them being "boring", though I disagree that they are boring at all.

My favorite jerseys in the tournament are the Swedes' yellow jerseys and the Finland blue jerseys. That game last night was a treat to watch.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I definitely agree the Swiss jerseys look too much like the Canadian ones. I would've loved Canada's if it weren't for that logo and the fact that the C's and A's have to be outlined because half of it's in the white and half of it's in the red.

The German black ones look great, it's too bad you can't really see the sleeve designs though.

Best jerseys in the tournament by far have been yellow Tre Kroner (although their letters and numbers need to change) but USA's throwbacks take the cake. Absolutely beautiful. Makes me want to get one. Ugh.

duck_sig.jpg

Sort of off topic...do any of you know where I can purchase some Norway "Norge" t-shirts, hats or jerseys? I have searched and emailed many spots and most say they are not getting any in, even the sites like IceJerseys.com that say they are out of stock wrote be back to say nothing will be coming. Thanks!

PS - USA Throwback is so much better than the Home or Away that they wear.

Your second statement contradicts your first.

The Swiss jerseys are far from traditional. The non centered breast logo like you might find on a baseball jersey makes them the most modern jerseys of the tournament. My problem with them is how closely they resemble Canada's and how they wear black pants and helmets with little to no black in the jerseys and socks. It has nothing to do with them being "boring", though I disagree that they are boring at all.

My favorite jerseys in the tournament are the Swedes' yellow jerseys and the Finland blue jerseys. That game last night was a treat to watch.

I never said I didn't like simple designs, but the USA works because it's a throwback. I like it for one or two games, but the blue jerseys are my favorite, because they are modern and have the great design on the back

Just thought I would mention I thought the USA Canada game looked amazing. Those US jerseys are far better than the newer Nike version. Canada's have enough going on to not be boring, but at the same time are very clean. Both teams looked great.

I find it funny that the Swiss jersey has been referred to as "the most modern" and "Too much like Canada's", when in fact it's the oldest jersey at the tournament, being a 1926 throwback. Looks like Canada ripped them off after they wore them at the 2008 Worlds. As for Sweden's jerseys, the design is classic enough, but yellow has been voted the least appealing colour in a poll 48 years in a row, and it definitely has too much yellow for my liking. They actually had a third white swift jersey developed in 2006, but it was never worn. Too Bad. It was very nice.

I find it funny that the Swiss jersey has been referred to as "the most modern" and "Too much like Canada's", when in fact it's the oldest jersey at the tournament, being a 1926 throwback. Looks like Canada ripped them off after they wore them at the 2008 Worlds. As for Sweden's jerseys, the design is classic enough, but yellow has been voted the least appealing colour in a poll 48 years in a row, and it definitely has too much yellow for my liking. They actually had a third white swift jersey developed in 2006, but it was never worn. Too Bad. It was very nice.

How dare they emphasize a colour that's prominent in their national flag.

I hate to do this, but I really want to find one of those basic USA hockey Nike baseball caps that some of the players have been wearing off the ice, along with the backup goalies on the bench. I've checked multiple websites but haven't had much luck. Thanks.

screenshot-2017-09-15-18-37-19.png

norway-dark.jpg

FIN2.jpg

FIN1.jpg

Those are the awesomest of the tournament, but also the Czech Republic's and USA's thorwbacks are cool.

The Finnish jerseys look more awesome without the Coat of Arms, better with the traditional Lion logo which was in use in 2009 Switzerland.

Norway colors red socks, blue pants, red jerseys and the white helmet looks so classic.

I mean this Finland's jersey

My favorite jerseys are the USA blues that everyone seems to be poo-pooing on, subliminated design and all. I purchased one a few days ago and love it. Yeah, the script is a little boring, but everything else about it, especially the subliminated "We the People" design and the "Land of the Free, Home of the Brave" line on the right sleeve more that make up for it in my book. May I add that I really dig the new ignore feature so I don't have to listen to a certain member's nationalism-skewed opinions?

Finland's blue jerseys are awesome, and Im not a fan of double-blue motifs for the most part. The white jerseys are awful however. I have a feeling Ive seen those stripes somewhere before when I was like 6 or 7 years old....oh yeah....

Atari_logo.png

Norway's would look better if the lettering had a blue outline and if the collar was a solid blue. Switzerland should have a thick single sleeve stripe rather than the two thin stripes, and would look better with an arch block "SUISSE" with the cross logo underneath it as the crest.

The USA sweaters have one thing going against them; the USA script. It's fine on the throwbacks, but on the primaries it just looks uninspired. The jerseys, especially the blue ones, have a modern feel to them. The flame star alternate is modern, the squared-off collar is modern. But it's stuck with this underwhelming arched wordmark for a logo. The US has so many potentially awesome design elements they could go with; the stared and stripped shield, the bald eagle, the rattlesnake, even stars on their own can work (as evidenced by the stunning alternate marks on the blue sweaters). So with all of those options available, the block arched USA script comes off looking boring.

Archived