Los Angeles Kings Concept

worcat

preview-2.png

I wanted to bring back a little more color to the city. I merged the cities two most popular jersey eras. I'm pleased with the outcome. Yes, the jerseys are a little boring but I thought the road/home combo would be throwback style - while the third jersey (white) could have a new twist to the old style. Let me know whatcha think!

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

I enjoy the white jersey myself! i forgot to mention but on the pants I made a yellow strip on the side that continues from the jersey - similar to what the blues have now. Even though the piping isn't the same color - i think it looks nice and works for a modern edge jersey

I tinkered with the idea of making a purple away jersey similar to that of the alternate that i posted. Maybe back to the drawing board.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

Fan of the color change, but not the recolor of the old logo so much. Perhaps loose the shield, and just have a larger crown with Kings/Los Angles arched above. Similar to the Canucks or the old Blues. Maybe modernize the font a bit too.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

These are ok, the Gretzky Era jersey design is one of my all-time favorites. However, the colors are not. The Kings went from the LA Lakers colors to the LA Raiders colors and now while having the same palette as Sacramento, at least they finally have something unique in LA. I don't think a return to Purple & Gold is an upgrade, regardless of the jersey design. Now after mentioning this, these colors don't work with these uniforms. The contrast between the white and yellow isn't great enough and just blends into the sleeves. Maybe darken the gold a bit? I think darkening the purple would also help. Overall it's clean and well presented so keep up the good work.

While I'm a fan of cities that try to have a consistent look among their sports teams (Pittsburgh comes to mind), I was never a huge fan of the Lakers on Ice. The Kings have a good identity as it is now, and a return to (very bright) purple and gold is quite jarring. These are bad concepts, but I really don't think they'd ever work in the era of "black is cool and modern" design.

I must admit, if I were designing these to make them modern here would be my next step:

Switch to the alternate design making this the away jersey and make a new road jersey

Next, either add a darker purple or add a black outline. Black, yellow and purple could be a very nice combo.

I even considered changing the yellow to gold but I don't know how well it would work - The penguins pull it off very nice!

I really appreciate all the feedback - I pretty much assumed this is the response I would get. I know these wouldn't fly in todays NHL but it's fun to see the two eras merged.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

As a kings fan I have to say, I would buy the alternate as soon as I could come up with the 115 plus shiping, but i cant stand the amount of yellow on the other 2 with that logo, i dont think it can work, maybe try this logo instead, its similar

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=iuzdk8tqrm1jrqg6bhfwjpgnq

You could also use the crown at the bottom of the logo, ive always thought it would make a strong primary

I'm really excited about playing with the kings uniforms. There's alot of history but not alot of b.s. to dig through. The fans love what they have and what they have is gold. It just takes a little to play with to make something worth while. I think LA's days of black and purple are over... Where da gold at!?!?!

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

Archived