Chriscreamer.com construction report

CC97

March 7, 2003

Three Leagues have been added to ChrisCreamer.com bringing us up to five now on the site.

The National Basketball Association section has 225 logos

The West Coast Hockey League section has 21 logos

The Canadian Baseball League section has 9 logos

As always, post any comments, corrections here (i am aware of the logo year errors on NBA: Phoenix, Portland, San Antonio, and Seattle)

If you know how the WCHL teams relocated, please let me know.

Thank you!

Chris Creamer . com - Updated

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

The Detroit Pistons' current primary logo with a horse should be red, white, and blue: not green and orange.  They changed to this new color scheme in the 01/02 season.

The Orlando Magic primary logo is outdated.  (I'm talking about inside the link, not in the nba section.  Both of the logos are fine there.)

ua_logo.jpg

You have a blue and gold Cubs logo being used as their secondary until 1997. The Cubs' shoulder logo should be my avatar (the 'madcub') from 1980-1993.

A good pic of the actual patch is at madcubs.com (that's all that's there), and The SLE has a vectorized version at http://www.thesle.com/mlb/cub/mlb-cub-94.gif EDIT: this link doesn't seem to work, try this http://www.thesle.com/displaylogo.php?id=184 Otherwise, it's at the SLE under Cubs.

The Cubs used a softer version of the same logo from 1994-1996. I've got pics of players with it on I can e-mail you, but I'll see if I can find it by itself.

BTW, the site looks great.

needs a couple tweaks here and there, but looks great so far Chris, keep it up

Please elaborate

i mean that by you are missing a couple logos here and there, which can be fixed easily...for example-you have the correct current orlando magic primary as a thumbnail, but use the older version on the actual page, also i think the miami heat updated thieir logo, i dont think they use a gradient anymore. i'll keep looking for other things. :D

I can confirm the Miami Heat switch. At the American Airlines Arena, they have banners for their four consecutive division titles, and two of them have the original gradient logo and the last two have the updated, simpler look. It looks weird. Same basic logo, but it's a red ball below a white hoop and the flames are yellow above the hoop. It can be seen in several places on heat.com and is incorporated into their 15th anniversary logo as well.

What kind of info do you need on the WCHL? I worked for the Anchorage Aces from their inception up until 1999, so I know a bit about the early years of the league...

What kind of info do you need on the WCHL? I worked for the Anchorage Aces from their inception up until 1999, so I know a bit about the early years of the league...

I dont know what teams reloated to where... I'm assuming the Alaska Gold Kings became the Colorado Gold Kings, but where did the other, now defunct teams go?  did they just fold?

Thanks

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

We're getting there.  I finished all the current NBA typefaces.  Some really didn't come out too well.  Although many came out great.  Chris should have all of them up soon.  We're planning for the CFL, XFL, or MLS as one of the next leagues.  So were getting there.  Be paitent everyone.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

• 2 weeks later...

I dont know what teams reloated to where... I'm assuming the Alaska Gold Kings became the Colorado Gold Kings, but where did the other, now defunct teams go?  did they just fold?

Thanks

Sorry for the late response, I was out of town for two weeks...

To answer your question:

The Alaska Gold Kings took a year off and then moved to Colorado Springs to become the Colorado Gold Kings until they folded last year...

The Bakersfield Fog changed their name to the Bakersfield Condors...

The Reno Renegades/Reno Rage franchise folded, as did the Phoenix Mustangs, Tucson Gila Monsters, and Tacoma Sabercats...

The Las Vegas Wranglers will enter in 2003-2004 as an expansion team, albeit in the new "Yet to be named" AA Hockey League, Reno and Ontario will receive teams for the 2004-2005 season...

A team from Russia played in the WCHL the first couple of years as a traveling team. Games against them counted in the overall standings, though the Russians were not eligible for the playoffs...

The Aces, GoldKings, and Falcons were originally in a league called the Pacific Hockey League, which was considered a senior-level hockey league. Those three teams as well as Bakersfield, Reno, and San Diego formed the first version of the WCHL...

Archived