NFL revolution helmet

axl007

Haven't had time to do much lately, but I've been working on this revolution helmet off and on for awhile. It's nothing as great as some of the new helmets around here now (like davidson's) but still fun for me to do.

nolasaintsrevo000.png

chicagobearsrevo.png

CLHEL2.png

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man those are impressive!

Did you do those in Illustrator? If you did them in Illustrator you may want to try adding just a touch of noise to the metallic ones like Patriots helmet just to give it the fleck you get with metallic paint.

Looking forward to seeing the rest, including the 49ers one obviously.

Great work.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

Thanks. These are done in CorelDraw 9 which I've had since about 2001, I think. I've tried to get a metallic look, but never quite got it right. I might give it shot again though. Thanks again everyone.

CLHEL2.png

Thanks. These are done in CorelDraw 9 which I've had since about 2001, I think. I've tried to get a metallic look, but never quite got it right. I might give it shot again though. Thanks again everyone.

Awesome job.

Ok...question. I use Corel Draw everyday...my full time job is as a sign designer for a custom sign company and COrel is perfect for that. I use Illustrator for my logo work...more specifically the bezier pen tool. How do you get the bezier tool to work in Corel? It seems clumsy compared to Ill. What am I missing here?

Awesome job.

Ok...question. I use Corel Draw everyday...my full time job is as a sign designer for a custom sign company and COrel is perfect for that. I use Illustrator for my logo work...more specifically the bezier pen tool. How do you get the bezier tool to work in Corel? It seems clumsy compared to Ill. What am I missing here?

I used to work in signs too, that's where I got my CorelDraw. I'm sure the newest version of corel is way more advanced than what I've got. I've always just made the fewest nodes possible and then curved them to what I need. If a circle still seems "bumpy" then I choose smooth or symetrical and that evens out the nodes. Corel is the only program I've ever used (or could afford) so I might not know how bad it is compared to Ill. It is great for signs (plotters) though!

CLHEL2.png

Archived