World Cup redesign

NEW.ERA

Out of school right now, I got bored and thought I'd redesign a few of the nations kits that will be competing in this Summer's World Cup.

First up is the hosts South Africa (Bafana Bafana).

SAconcept.png

- Kept the Sunshine & Twilight Green.

- Added Diagonal striping.

- Removed the Protea Flower crest over the heart and replaced it with South Africa's coat of arms.

Coat of Arms.

zacoa.jpg

So any C&C would be much appreciated and any requests for any of the nations I would be happy to do them.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I like the basic gist of it. I think you shouldn't use one of the adidas swervy-happy templates though, those have seem to become obsolete and I was never a fan of them. I think if you went iwth just the diagonal pattern it'd look a lot better. I'd also put it on a white background, the black just adds to the choppiness. Like the idea of it all though.

I'd love to see USA

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Thanks I thought the black would bring out the colors more but I'll change it back to White for the next concept.

And as for the Templates is there any place that I can find out what Templates are active and which aren't.

Well you're gonna have to create the template/design yourself, nothing you can just recolor really. I just look around at newly released kits and see how they're designed, like footballshirtculture.com or any website that sells jerseys.

spacer.png

Thanks for the shout! :grin:

Templates can be alright if you use the most recent ones, but they do get dated quite quickly and also doesn't show a great deal of originality.

For a matter of fact South Africa have already had a kit in that exact same template, check it out

x3g4jo.jpg

Different collar but the rest of the design is exactly the same.

For a bit of critique about your shirts though, I wouldn't get rid of the protea, South Africans were up in arms when Adidas released the replica shirts without the national symbol that is used on all their sporting uniforms, I would sacrifice the FA logo if anything, it's bulky and ugly anyway.

I would also make your diagonal line pattern a bit more opaque, it screws with the eyes like it is currently. Also make your lines blend a little better with the rest of the colours of the shirt, they're not looking good in white currently.

I looked all over the internet and couldn't find an image of the protea if any one has one that would be great as I will fix it during the update.

I'm hoping to have the US up later tonight.

Thanks curswine.

I was camping for the long weekend so I'm just getting the US up now.

USAConcept.png

C&C

I have Germany in the works so for the fourth team any requests.

Oooh, not bad, I actually like those a lot. Funny, I was about to do the US next in my series ^_^

I'm not so sure the stars work here, at least at that size and at that location. Maybe try them going along the bottom on the back of the jersey, or small ones above the name? Other than that I really like these, besides the sock design.

As for next team, how bout one that can have some variety (unlike Brazil, Argentina, etc.) like a Portugal, or how bout Spain?

spacer.png

Yeah putting the Stars above the name totally skipped my mind and looking at it more probably would have looked better.

So after Germany which I will hopefully have up tomorrow Brazil it is.

• 4 weeks later...

So I'm back I never abandoned this I just started a new job and it was tough to find some free time.

Okay so here is my Germany Home Kit

germanyhome.png

C&C as usual and I'm having trouble coming up with the road kit if anyone has any suggestions lets hear them.

I think this basically is a good idea but you overdid the use of gold. You should tone it down and in some places get rid of it, for example between the adidas stripes. This just doesn't work for me. And what does this script on the back say?

• 2 weeks later...

I think this basically is a good idea but you overdid the use of gold. You should tone it down and in some places get rid of it, for example between the adidas stripes. This just doesn't work for me. And what does this script on the back say?

It says Die Mannschaft.

Alright so I've taken the German comments and will re do it after I showcase some more squads.

Next up is Chile, expect it up before the night is through.

Thanks curswine.

I was camping for the long weekend so I'm just getting the US up now.

USAConcept.png

C&C

Other than the fact that the blue shorts should go with the white jersey and vice versa, I like this. Very clean. I would buy the jersey, either color.

Packers-2.png

You should also get rid of the script "Die Mannschaft". I've said it in another thread before, it's NOT a nickname fot our national team. Put "Deutscher Fußball Bund" instead. Then it'd be great.

Archived