Southern Cal receives sanctions from NCAA

TFoA

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No way in hell Michigan State goes 11-1 this season. The Spartans are always good for 4-5 losses each season....

Stranger things have happened. But tell me, would you rather have an 11-1 Michigan State who won the Big Ten or a 12-0 Notre Dame who played a bunch of nobodies in the title game?

LvZYtbZ.png

No way in hell Michigan State goes 11-1 this season. The Spartans are always good for 4-5 losses each season....

Stranger things have happened. But tell me, would you rather have an 11-1 Michigan State who won the Big Ten or a 12-0 Notre Dame who played a bunch of nobodies in the title game?

Since I assume that the 1 Michigan State loss in your fancifully insane scenario is to Notre Dame, Notre Dame has a better claim and right to play in the BCS Championship game. On field results trump any concerns about strength of schedule.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Since I assume that the 1 Michigan State loss in your fancifully insane scenario is to Notre Dame, Notre Dame has a better claim and right to play in the BCS Championship game. On field results trump any concerns about strength of schedule.

I cannot understand why y'all even justify this dude's mind numbing lunacy with responses anymore. It's the same :censored: every year. ND doesn't deserve to exist because they don't play in a conference, no Philly player will ever be worthy of an individual award or all-star nod, no athlete should ever earn more than a salary above the poverty line. The dude is just bat :censored: crazy and, like my Big Mama would have said, "bat :censored: crazy don't ever leave." You know what you have to do to bat :censored: crazy? Get the hell away from it! Seriously, just leave it the :censored: alone and pray to whatever you pray to that it does the bat :censored: crazy thing somewhere other than where you will be.

I have trained myself to no longer react to any willmorris sports-related comments on these boards. Now if I could just train myself to no longer react to reactions to willmorris sports-related comments! :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

It sucks how the kids who had nothing to do with any rule breaking are the ones who have to suffer. There has to be a way to punish the organizations without punishing the kids. The organizations should have clauses in coaching contracts that allow them to go after guys like Carroll who either run dirty programs, or turn a blind eye toward dirtyness that's going on around them. Ultimately it's the job of the university and not the coach to police things, but the university needs the coach to we aligned with them if it's going to work.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Why are we talking about Notre Dame going undefeated? I'm pretty sure they're going to stay bad for a while yet.

WillMorris is obsessed with bashing Notre Dame which is weird enough. What makes it poetry is that he claims Notre Dame is his favorite team.

BB52Big.jpg

It sucks how the kids who had nothing to do with any rule breaking are the ones who have to suffer. There has to be a way to punish the organizations without punishing the kids. The organizations should have clauses in coaching contracts that allow them to go after guys like Carroll who either run dirty programs, or turn a blind eye toward dirtyness that's going on around them. Ultimately it's the job of the university and not the coach to police things, but the university needs the coach to we aligned with them if it's going to work.

Not that I disagree, but what can actually be done? How can Carroll, Bush or Mayo be punished, especially so many years after the fact?

Also, if it's a lack of institutional control, why aren't the ADs and university admin ever called out when stuff happens? Aren't they also part of the "institution?"

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived