Anaheim Ducks logo concept

rentz

Hey guys. I haven't made a concept in a while, but I had an urge to today. I decided to make a new logo for the Anaheim (Mighty) Ducks because of their (in my opinion) abysmal logo history.

This is still a work in progress, I'm having trouble getting it to look "right" with the shadows and whatnot.

duck.png

and for kicks... teal and eggplant!

mightyduck.png

C+C welcome.

I like the teal and eggplant one. There are too many teams with black and (fill in other colour here). There's no character left in new sweaters anymore. I think the eggplant and teal would be great!

Good start, but with the shadowing it looks like his forehead is a big bulging tumor. The circle around the logo might be a little too thick IMO.

Ducks Unlimited could use a logo update

ducks-unlimited_nr4n.jpg

I love the concept of using a real duck, but it just looks more like the above then what would work for a sports team. Maybe if you made it look a little meaner and had some rough feathers that it'd look more sports logo like.

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

Thanks for the comments.

You know, it does look pretty good in orange, black and copper, but doesn't really make sense color-wise for a team named the ducks.

So here is an update with three color combos-- green/navy/yellow, classic Mighty Ducks, the current colors, and a sort of compromise with black and orange from the current as well as green.

ducks4.png

This is a great start, but there are a few nit-picks that I have:

-Not a fan of the varying line-width on the circle. It throws off the whole concept, IMO. You could also drop the white shape in the circle, doesn't really serve a purpose here.

-The beak could use a few tweaks, specifically the small hook you have on the bottom of the beak. It just doesn't make sense, the shape doesn't fit the outline. Also, you have thick thick outlines in the head itself, and the beak has a very thin outline.

Archived