MiLB Re-Brands: Winston-Salem Dash

bohob

From eHow.com:

Giraffes are tall, strong and fast. They can be seen gracefully galloping across the savanna at speeds of up to 35 mph. However, because the giraffe tires easily, it is more of a sprinter than a long-distance runner.

I would think that means it's perfect for a team called the "Dash". It's not like I chose a snail.

...yeah, still doesn't really work for me...giraffe's are gangly and awkward when they run, regardless of how fast they can run over short periods, it just doesn't seem like a dash to me...

beautiful giraffe, though...

jldesigns404eo.png

I like the update a lot. The shadowing really made a difference.

And I like the giraffe idea a lot. It's unique. It's not what you'd expect, which is good. At first glance it doesn't make sense, then you do a little research... ta dahh! makes sense haha.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Uniforms:

The uniforms use placket piping and sleeve piping, along with piping down the legs. I have also included a sublimated giraffe print on the raglan-cut sleeves. I believe it works subtly and keep the uniform fairly traditional. On the pants, I have included small numbers on the hip, a tie-in to the parent club, Chicago White Sox. The home uniforms use a cream-colored base and the yellow cap, while the road are grey with brown caps. The home alternate jersey is yellow, and the road alt is brown. The home jerseys use the WS patch on the sleevew, while the road jerseys use the d-giraffe patch. Alternate Uniforms 3 & 4 are "faux-backs". 3 is all yellow with a paneled cap, while 4 uses a green jersey with a brown placket, and could be adopted as a road or home alt. 3 would probably just be a home uniform. C&C please.

dash_uniforms1.jpg

dash_uniforms2.jpg

dash_uniforms3.jpg

These uniforms are great. Great idea on the giraffe spots. I'm not really feeling Alt 3 and 4.

I personally think there is no need to have two yellow jerseys, both that say "Dash". Also, as though I like the feel of the fourth alternate, I really dont think it fits in with the rest of the uniform set. I really feel like the first four uniforms go together and the last two were just thrown in afterward. No name on back, different outlining on the script and numbers.

Great set so far, just rethink those last two uniforms.

Looking forward to seeing an update.

RockiesSig.png

OK, here are the finalized items:

dash_id3.jpg

dash_caps2.jpg

dash_uniforms1b.jpg

dash_uniforms2b.jpg

And I also did two more concepts for faux-backs. I purposefully did not include the giraffe spots or beveling to make them more vintage. However, I think the overall variety from the main uni's could be an attractive option. Alternate 3 has brown sleeves, green trim and cream-colored pants. Alternate 4 is an all-brown set, reminiscent of the all-dark uniforms of the early 1900s.

dash_uniforms3b.jpg

C&C please.

The logos for this concept are amazing, as are the caps.

The uniforms are absolutely spectacular. Although, I don't like the "faux-backs" as much as the primaries and alternates, they are also very nice and I do understand the need for them.

This is a great final product; nice work!

RockiesSig.png

• 2 weeks later...

Archived