Winter Classic logo

Has2916

I took a shot at tracing the 2011 Winter Classic logo as I have become frustrated at the lack of any sort of official release.

WinterClassic2011trace.png

Yes, I know it sucks but hopefully I can get some feedback on what to improve, thanks.

My gut reaction was to say that some people may not find it obvious that that is Pittsburgh (and I know you did nod to Pittsburgh with the bridge...plus the steel beam on the sponsor, which I did not catch at first). But looking back at the past winter classic logos, I realize that they don't make a point making it obvious in the logo. Therefore, this is perfectly viable as what they may do. It looks good. I don't prefer the "Bridgestone" there, but it was there last year and it certainly will not be going away.

Nice work.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

there appears to be just a tiny bit of depth on the Bridgestone beam. look at the bottom piece of it, i think there's just a tiny bit of perspective on it in the bottom left corner. Also, there's some whisps of white on the bottom, I suspect that might be more of an icy river than just ice. There's also the PITTSBURGH 2011 around the bottom edge. It's faint, but it's definitely there. It's a very solid job, and I didn't notice any issues with it until you posted that picture again.

you gonna give the Heritage Classic a try? that looks like a doozy

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I saw the Pittsburgh 2011. Sorry, I left it out because I don`t like it. No other reason. I think I now see the depth on the beam. I`ll try to fix that up tonight or tomorrow.

I thought about trying the Heritage Classic, but it could be bad...very bad.

The quality is very well done. The circle seems to be a bit more on the oval side of things, but otherwise very good work.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived